Dysport is intended for the symptomatic treatment of focal spasticity: upper extremities in adults, of the lower extremities in adults with lesions of the ankle joint after stroke or traumatic brain injury dynamic equinus deformity of the foot in children aged 2 yEars and Nose and older with cerebral palsy, therapy is carried out in specialized medical institutions. Dysport is intended for symptomatic treatment in adults spastic torticollis; blepharospasm’s; hemifacial spasm; primary hyperhidrosis of the armpits of severe degree, does not respond to the use of topical antiperspirant and antihydrotic agents. Dysport is intended for temporary improvement of moderate or severe form: globulyarnykh wrinkles (vertical wrinkle between the eyebrows) with a maximum of naseleni and / or lateral periorbital wrinkles ( “crow’s feet”) with maximum smile in adults under the age of 65, when the sharp severity of these wrinkles has a strong psychological impact on the patient.
Disport powder Composition
active substance: Clostridium botulinum type A toxin-haemagglutinin complex
1 bottle contains Botulinum toxin type A-hemagglutinin Complex 500 U *;
Disport powder excipients: human albumin solution, lactose.
* The unit of action (AU) is equal to the LD50 for mice when administered intraperitoneally.
Disport powder Indications.
Dysport® is intended for the symptomatic treatment of focal spasticity:
– upper limbs in adults,
– lower limbs in adults with ankle injury after a stroke or traumatic brain injury
– dynamic equinus deformity of the foot in children aged 2 years and older with cerebral palsy, therapy is carried out in specialized medical institutions.
Dysport® is intended for symptomatic treatment in adults
– spastic torticollis;
– hemifacial spasm;
– primary hyperhidrosis of the armpits of severe degree, does not respond to the use of topical antiperspirant and antihidrotic agents.
Dysport® is intended for the temporary improvement of moderate to severe forms:
– glabellar wrinkles (vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows) with maximum frown and / or
– lateral periorbital wrinkles (crow’s feet) with maximum smile
in adults under the age of 65, when the sharp severity of these wrinkles has a strong psychological effect on the patient.
Dysport® is contraindicated:
– in the case of known hypersensitivity to the active substance or to the excipients of the medicinal product
– if there is an infection at the injection sites
– in the presence of severe myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Method of administration and dosage.
Units of Dysportu® are specific for this drug and cannot be compared with units of other drugs containing botulinum toxin.
Preparation for the introduction. Dysportom® treatment can only be carried out by specialists who have undergone appropriate training.
For special precautions when handling unused medicinal product or waste medicinal product, see the section “Special precautions” for disposal.
The open central part of the rubber stopper of the bottle must be treated with alcohol just before the puncture. A sterile 23 or 25 gauge needle should be used.
Each bottle is for single use only.
For each indication for use, the required concentrations are specific.
Dysport® (500 U) is intended for the symptomatic treatment of dynamic equinus deformity of the foot caused by focal spasticity at the age of 2 years and older with cerebral palsy (only in specialized medical institutions with trained personnel).