AB AV-nodular persistent tachycardia; arrhythmias associated with wolf-Parkinson-white syndrome and similar disorders caused by the presence of additional pathways ‒ in case of inefficiency of other types of treatment. symptomatic paroxysmal ventricular arrhythmia of a severe degree that threatens the patient’s life, in the absence of a response to other types of therapy. It is also used for intolerance or inability to perform other forms of therapy. џ Paroxysmal atrial arrhythmia (atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, atrial tachycardia) in patients with adverse symptoms after conversion, provided there is a clear need for therapy, which is confirmed by the severity of clinical symptoms, if other treatments are ineffective.
Flecainid SAN Composition
active substance: flecainide acetate;
1 tablet contains 50 mg or 100 mg flecainide acetate
corn starch, microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate.
Flecainid SAN Indications.
AV nodal persistent tachycardia; arrhythmias associated with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and similar disorders due to the presence of additional pathways – in case of ineffectiveness of other treatments.
Symptomatic paroxysmal ventricular arrhythmia of high severity, life threatening, in the absence of response to other types of therapy. It is also used in case of intolerance or inability to carry out other forms of therapy.
Paroxysmal atrial arrhythmia (atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, atrial tachycardia) in patients with unfavorable symptoms after conversion, provided there is a clear need for therapy, is confirmed by the severity of clinical symptoms if other treatments are ineffective.
Before starting use, the presence of heart diseases of organic genesis and / or a violation of the left ventricular ejection fraction should be excluded, since in this case there is a risk of an undesirable increase in arrhythmia.
Flecainid SAN Contraindications
– Hypersensitivity reaction to flecainide or any of the excipients of the drug.
– heart failure, a history of myocardial infarction, with asymptomatic ventricular ectopia or asymptomatic unstable ventricular tachycardia.
– cardiogenic shock.
– Long-term atrial fibrillation, in the therapy of which there was no attempt to convert sinus rhythm, as well as valvular heart diseases with significant disturbances in hemodynamic parameters.
– Reduced or impaired ventricular functions, in the presence of cardiogenic shock, high severity bradycardia (less than 50 beats per minute), high severity hypotension.
– Use in combination with Class I antiarrhythmic drugs (sodium channel blockers).
– Brugada Syndrome.
– in the absence of the possibility of cardiac stimulation, flecainide should not be used in the treatment of patients with dysfunction of the sinus node, atrial conduction disorder, with atrioventricular block of the second or higher degree, with bundle branch block or distal blockade.
– Asymptomatic ventricular arrhythmia or mild symptoms of ventricular arrhythmia.
Method of administration and dosage.
The drug is administered orally. To eliminate the effect of food on the absorption of the drug, Flecainide Sandoz should be taken on an empty stomach or one hour before meals. Flecainide Sandoz ® 100 mg tablet can be divided into two equal parts.
The initiation of therapy with flecainide acetate and changes in the dosage regimen should be carried out under control with ECG monitoring and control of the concentration of the substance in the blood plasma. Some patients currently require hospitalization, in particular those with life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias. The decision on the need for hospitalization is made by a specialist. In patients with heart diseases of organic genesis, especially with a history of myocardial infarction, therapy with flecainide should be started only if other drugs Antiarrhythmic actions, with the exception of drugs of the IP class (especially amiodarone), are ineffective or unbearable, and provided that drug-free treatment (surgery, amputation, defibrillator implantation) is not indicated. During the period of therapy, constant ECG monitoring and control of the concentration of the substance in the blood plasma are required.