An intrauterine device is used to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. High level of protection against unwanted pregnancy for 5 years. The installation of an IUD can only be carried out by medical personnel, or under the supervision of medical personnel. Responsibility for proper installation rests with medical personnel.
Intrauterine contraceptive device (spiral) Junona Bio-T Ag + T-shaped with silver 1 pc
For long-term (up to 7 years) contraception, it is advisable to use the IUD “Junona Bio-T Ag”. The copper wire of these IUD models has a silver core. This placement of metals is approved by the World Health Organization and allows you to increase the duration of the safe use of the contraceptive due to a slower and more uniform diffusion of copper ions.
- The woman’s desire to protect herself from pregnancy.
- Treatment and prevention of Asherman’s syndrome.
- As a postcoital means of IUD (can be inserted within 3-4 days after unprotected intercourse).
A distinctive feature of this contraceptive is the provision of constant, optimal, regardless of the size of the uterus, efforts at the points of contact between the IUD and the uterine mucosa, which provides versatility – the possibility of using this contraceptive for any woman.
Instructions for use
Insert the prepared intrauterine contraceptive into the uterine cavity up to the stopper. The movement is carried out with both hands, i.e., the introduction tube and the pusher at the same time.
Pull the inlet tube back to the ring on the piston, preventing the plunger from moving. The pusher must remain stationary while supporting the contraceptive. At this time, the horizontal branches of the T-shaped contraceptive open in the uterine cavity, which ensures the correct position of the IUD and eliminates the risk of perforation.
Return the inlet tube with upward traction to its original position, the pusher must remain stationary. This ensures the final position of the contraceptive at the bottom of the uterus.
Remove the pusher and then the insertion tube. Cut the control threads at a distance of 2-3 cm.
When performing steps 2 and 3, the movement is carried out only by the introduction tube, the pusher remains stationary.
Length – 36 mm.
Width – 32 mm.
The area of the copper wire with a silver core is 380 mm2.
The silver content is 15.8%.
The degree of purification of copper and silver is 99.998 at%.
The average daily release of Cu, Ag ions is 10 … 15 μg.
Threads: two monofilament threads of green or blue color.
Plastic inlet tube with movable plastic stop and piston. The tube diameter is 4 mm.
Adaptation to the IUD
During the period of adaptation of the patient’s body to the IUD (3-4 months), changes in the menstrual cycle are possible. Menstrual bleeding may be accompanied by a pulling pain in the lower abdomen or sacral region, which usually subsides quickly. In order to increase the acceptability of the IUD and reduce the period of adaptation to the contraceptive, it is recommended:
- conducting a thorough examination of women for contraindications to the use of the IUD;
- a differentiated approach to the choice of the model of the IUD, based on the individual characteristics of the woman’s body, plans for childbirth, the time of the introduction of the contraceptive;
- using the correct technique for the introduction of an intrauterine contraceptive and the optimal timing for its installation;
- according to indications, prophylactic administration of antibiotics and inhibitors of prostaglandinogenesis in the first days after administration and during the first three menstrual bleeding.
Compulsory analysis of smears from “U” and “C” to “gN”, the production of other analyzes according to indications.
Before inserting the IUD, make a thorough gynecological examination, determine the size and position of the uterus. Eliminate the presence of contraindications.
In aseptic conditions, enter the mirrors, treat the cervix and vagina three times with an antiseptic solution. Fix the cervix by the front lip with bullet forceps and lower it slightly, use a sterile probe to determine the direction of the cervical canal axis and the length of the uterine cavity.
Preparing a contraceptive for administration
1. Open the IUD packaging from the side of the transcervical sutures. Take the tube by the limiter with your right hand, and with your left hand pull the horizontal branches of the intrauterine contraceptive into the tube until the olive. If in the process of pulling the contraceptive by the threads, there are difficulties, with your right hand through the packaging, tuck the IUD shoulders into the tube. Do not try to retract (tuck the anchor into the tube completely).
2. Insert the plunger into the tube until it touches the contraceptive. In this case, the left hand holds the threads and the tube.
3. Set the movable stopper at a distance corresponding to the length of the uterus along the probe.
4. Align the horizontal plane of the restraint with the intended plane of deployment of the IUD shoulders.
The recommended time from the moment the package is opened to the insertion of the IUD is no more than 7 minutes.
Store in a dry, dark place.