Prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Livostor 40 composition
active substance: atorvastatin;
1 tablet contains atorvastatin calcium trihydrate, which is equivalent to atorvastatin 40 mg;
excipients: hydroxypropyl cellulose, polysorbate-80, sodium lauryl sulfate, lactose monohydrate, calcium carbonate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate;
shell: mixture for film coating Opadry II White (hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide (E 171), triacetin).
It is a drug Livostor 40 that reduces the formation of “bad” fats. It is a selective competitive inhibitor of the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme, which converts 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A into the precursor of organic alcohols of sterols (including cholesterol) – mevalonic acid. Reduces the level of apolipoprotein B by 34-50%, LDL by 41-61%, cholesterol by 30-46%, triglycerides by 14-33%.
Livostor 40 is used (as an addition to the diet) in the treatment of the following conditions:
- with an increased level of LDL (low density lipoprotein), apolipoprotein B, total cholesterol, triglycerides – in order to increase the level of HDL (high density lipoprotein) in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (familial or non-hereditary), combined hyperlipidemia (types IIa, ІІb);
- with elevated triglyceride levels (type IV);
- with dysbetalipoproteinemia (type III) with ineffective diet;
- in cardiovascular diseases (with / without dyslipidemia) in patients with risk factors (tobacco smoking, diabetes mellitus, low HDL cholesterol, heredity, arterial hypertension) in order to: reduce the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, as well as if necessary carrying out myocardial revascularization.
Livostor 40 is contraindicated:
- with allergies to components;
- with active liver diseases;
- with persistent unspecified increase in transaminase activity, exceeding the norm by three times.
Studies of the use of the drug in prepubertal patients or patients under 10 years of age have not been conducted.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Before starting treatment, you should determine the level of total cholesterol in the blood. A special diet should be followed during treatment.
The standard dose is 10–80 mg x1 times / day, regardless of food intake, at any time of the day.
In case of an overdose, the following measures are taken: prevention of absorption of the active substance (gastric lavage, use of sorbents, laxatives), monitoring and maintenance of vital functions. In rare cases, myopathy may develop with rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of muscle tissue), acute renal failure. In this case, the drug is immediately canceled, a diuretic, sodium bicarbonate solution is administered, hemodialysis is performed.
- Infections / invasions: nasopharyngitis.
- Disorders from the nervous system: paresthesias, peripheral neuropathy, headache.
- Digestive disorders: pancreatitis, belching, vomiting, hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence.
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system: joint edema, myalgia, myopathy, neck pain, myositis, muscle cramps, tendopathy.
- Respiratory system disorders: epistaxis, pharyngolaryngeal pain.
- General reactions: increased levels of transaminases, creatine phosphokinase in the biochemical blood test, asthenia.
- Metabolic disorders: hypoglycemia, anorexia, hyperglycemia.
- Mental disorders: nightmares, insomnia, depression.
- Perceptual disorders: impairment, blurred vision.
- Skin changes: alopecia, rash, itching.
- Reproductive system disorders: sexual dysfunction, gynecomastia.
- General: leukocyturia.
Storage conditions and periods
Store no more than 3 years at a temperature of 15-25 ° C.