This drug is used for the treatment of mild and moderate arterial hypertension, the body of which reacts positively to the intake of these drugs and in which it is stabilized due to the intake of these components.
active substances: lisinopril; hydrochlorothiazide;
1 tablet contains lisinopril 10 mg in the form of lisinopril dihydrate and hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg;
Excipients: pregelatinized starch, corn starch, anhydrous calcium hydrogen phosphate, magnesium stearate, mannitol (E 421).
This drug Lizotiazide-Teva belongs to combined drugs – inhibitors of angiotensin-converting enzymes and diuretics.
The effect of the drug is explained by the properties of its main components – lisinopril, an ACE inhibitor and hydrochlorothiazide, a thiazide diuretic. These substances complement each other’s effectiveness, enhancing the hypotensive effect.
Lisinopril is a peptidyl dipeptidase inhibitor that suppresses the ACE enzyme that promotes the conversion of angiotensin I into the angiotensin II peptide, which constricts blood vessels. The latter causes stimulation of the secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal glands. As a result of metabolic processes, it leads to an increase in serum potassium, a decrease in blood pressure, including in patients with low renin.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that causes the reabsorption of electrolytes in the kidneys, increasing the excretion of sodium and chloride, and potassium and bicarbonate can be lost. By itself, without causing a decrease in pressure, it nevertheless facilitates this process when used in combination.
This drug Lizotiazide-Teva is used for the treatment of mild and moderate arterial hypertension, the body of which reacts positively to the intake of these drugs and in which it is stabilized due to the intake of these components.
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
Also, use is contraindicated in:
- hemodynamically significant aortic or mitral stenosis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with outflow tract obstruction;
- unstable hemodynamics after acute myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock;
- renal artery stenosis (bilateral or unilateral);
- primary hyperaldosteronism;
This drug is contraindicated for use in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Treatment of pregnant women is contraindicated, since there is no guarantee of complete safety of its use for both the woman and the fetus.
During treatment, lactation (breastfeeding) should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
Usually, at the beginning of treatment, an initial dosage is prescribed at a dosage of 1 tablet of the drug Lizotiazide-Teva lisinopril 5 mg lisinopril and 12.5 – hydrochlorothiazide 1 time per day, taken at the same time of the day.
If the application does not produce an effect within 2-4 weeks, the dosage is increased to 2 tablets per day.
If further treatment is ineffective, the patient is transferred to an increased dosage of the drug Lizothiazide-Teva lisinopril at a dosage of 10 or 20 mg lisinopril 2 times a day (according to indications).
Taking diuretics is canceled 2-3 days before taking the drug.
The maximum dosage of lisinopril per day is 80 mg.
The drug is ineffective for impaired renal function with a creatinine clearance of 30 ml / min or below (moderate / severe renal failure).
Elderly patients or patients with liver disease do not need a dosage adjustment.
Overdose symptoms are:
- arterial hypotension, circulatory shock, electrolyte imbalance;
- renal failure, hyperventilation;
- tachycardia, bradycardia, arrhythmia;
- dizziness, anxiety, cough;
- decrease in electrolytes (hypokalemia, hypochloremia, hyponatremia) with hydrochlorothiazide overdose and dehydration as a result of excessive diuresis.
Treatment is symptomatic. Blood electrolyte levels need to be monitored.
Hemodialysis is recommended.
In some cases, there are side effects such as:
- dizziness, headache, loss of consciousness;
- orthostatic hypotension;
- cough, rhinitis, chest pain, diarrhea, nausea, rash, itching;
- mood changes, depression;
- paresthesia, vertigo, taste disturbances, insomnia;
- increased levels of liver enzymes and bilirubin;
- fatigue, asthenia, impotence;
- increased blood urea, increased serum creatinine, hyperkalemia.
- myocardial infarction or stroke as a result of excessive hypotension in high-risk patients, palpitations, tachycardia.
If you experience any unusual side effects as a result of taking this drug, you should consult your doctor about possible changes in the treatment regimen.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug is no more than 4 years from the production date indicated on the package.
This medicinal product does not require special storage conditions.