active substances: ethinylestradiol, gestoden;
1 film-coated tablet contains ethinyl estradiol 20 μg and gestodene 75 μg;
excipients: lactose monohydrate; corn starch; povidone; magnesium stearate; saccharose; polyethylene glycol; calcium carbonate; talc; nonionic emulsified wax.
Logest is a contraceptive. It is a monophasic estrogen-progestogen drug.
The contraceptive effect is carried out through several mechanisms: changes in the properties of the cervical mucus, as a result of which it becomes difficult for sperm to penetrate; suppression of ovulation at the hypothalamic-pituitary level; changes in the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which makes it impossible to implant an egg.
Logest is prescribed for contraception.
You cannot assign Logest:
- with migraine with focal neurological symptoms;
- with diabetes mellitus with vascular complications;
- with pancreatitis with severe hypertriglyceridemia;
- with liver failure, severe liver disease;
- with vaginal bleeding of an unknown cause;
- with benign / malignant liver tumor;
- in conditions preceding thrombosis (angina pectoris, transient ischemic attacks) at the present time or in the past;
- with identified hormone-dependent malignant diseases (including genital organs) or suspicion of them;
- in case of pregnancy or suspicion of it;
- with multiple risk factors for the development of thrombosis, incl. with the defeat of the heart valves, changes in the coronary arteries, cerebral vessels, uncontrolled arterial hypertension;
- when breastfeeding;
- with venous / arterial thrombosis, thromboembolism (deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular disorders), currently or in the past;
- with allergies to components;
- with prolonged immobilization (immobilization), serious surgery, surgery on the legs, extensive injuries.
It is used with caution:
- in violation of fat metabolism (hyperlipidemia, obesity);
- with otosclerosis with hearing impairment in a previous pregnancy;
- with diabetes mellitus;
- with thrombophlebitis of superficial veins;
- with hemolytic uremic syndrome;
- with sickle cell anemia; with idiopathic jaundice, itching in a previous pregnancy;
- with Crohn’s disease;
- with migraine with aura;
- with congenital hyperbilirubinemia;
- with systemic lupus erythematosus;
- with arterial hypertension.
The drug is indicated for use on prescription only after the onset of regular menstruation.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Dragees are taken orally every day in the order indicated on the package, at the same time, washed down with water. Take continuously for 21 days, one tablet a day. Reception of the next package begins after a 7-day break, during which there is a withdrawal bleeding.
Overdose symptoms: smearing bloody discharge, metrorrhagia, vomiting.
There is no specific antidote, symptomatic treatment is carried out.
Possible thrombosis, thromboembolism, tenderness, tension and enlargement of the mammary glands, uterine bleeding, discharge from the mammary glands, headache, changes in libido, changes / decrease in mood, intolerance to contact lenses, visual disturbances, abdominal pain, nausea, changes in vaginal secretion, rash , erythema nodosum, generalized pruritus, erythema multiforme, cholestatic jaundice, edema, weight change, fatigue, allergic reactions, diarrhea, chloasma (limited skin hyperpigmentation).
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. Expiration date – 4 years.