Local treatment of infectious diseases and inflammatory processes of the oral cavity and pharynx: angina, acute and chronic tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis; gingivitis, stomatitis, aphthae.
active ingredients: hexetidine, choline salicylate, chlorobutanol hemihydrate;
50 ml of the solution contain hexetidine 0.05 g, choline salicylate 0.25 g, chlorobutanol hemihydrate 0.125 g;
auxiliary substances: propionic acid, sodium saccharinate, polysorbate 20, citric oil, anise oil, mint oil, cyneol, ethanol 96%, menthol, methyl salicylate, water purified.
This drug is included in the group of antiseptic preparations used in the treatment of diseases in the field of otolaryngology.
therapeutic effect of the preparation are due to the ingredients included in it – hexetidine, choline salicylate and chlorobutanol.
Hexetidine has the ability to destroy pathological bacteria, both gram-positive and gram-negative. Both aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms are susceptible to it. It has (to varying degrees, depending on the strain) both bactericidal and bacteriostatic effects.
It is also effective against fungi.
The use of choline salicylate has an analgesic (analgesic), antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect.
Chlorobutanol also produces an active analgesic effect, therefore it can be used in dentistry and in otolaryngology as an anesthetic.
This drug Lorangyn is used locally in the treatment of infectious diseases and inflammatory processes:
- in otolaryngology for pharyngeal diseases – the treatment of angina, acute and chronic tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis.
- in otolaryngology for oral diseases – gingivitis, stomatitis, aphthosis;
- during oral care after dental procedures (deletions, etc.).
The drug in question is contraindicated in cases where the patient has a pronounced hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
Not used for:
- atrophic pharyngitis;
- bronchial asthma;
- other diseases of the respiratory tract, in which an increased sensitivity of the latter may be observed.
It should not be used simultaneously with drugs that contain antiseptics, since their interaction with unknown consequences is possible.
The use of hexetidine can be neutralized with alkaline solutions.
Pediatrics are not used until the age of 6.
Use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
This drug is contraindicated to be used in the treatment of pregnant women, since there is no reliably known reaction of the body.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of use and doses
The preparation is used topically to irrigate the oral cavity.
- adults and children under 15 years old – 1 spraying, from 4 to 6 irrigations per day;
- children from 6 to 15 years old – 1 spraying, from 2 to 3 irrigation per day.
It is desirable to refrain for half an hour from eating food or liquid so as not to rinse off the drug.
Do not swallow the drug inside.
Do not exceed the maximum duration of treatment of 5 days.
Local use overdose recommended in the instruction was not observed.
When a significant amount of the drug is swallowed, alcohol intoxication may occur due to the presence of ethanol in the composition.
In the case of such an overdose, use symptomatic treatment, rinse the stomach, cause vomiting, take enterosorbents, consume a significant amount of alcohol excretion fluid.
The preparation is usually well tolerated in external use if used in recommended doses.
In case of excessive intake, allergic reaction, exceeding the duration of the treatment course, the following may occur:
- allergic reactions, including allergic urticaria, angioedema, laryngospasm, bronchospasm;
- agevsia, dysgevsia;
- cough, shortness of breath;
- dysphagia, increased salivary glands, swallowing pain, GI disorders – diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
- changes in the color of the tongue, teeth, sensation of numbness, irritation, vesicles on the mucosa, ulcers, perturbation in the throat, swelling in the place of contact, dryness of the mucous membranes.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life is 2 years.
The storage Lorangyn temperature shall not be higher than 25 ° C.