This drug is used to treat arterial hypertension – a condition in which a person has a persistent increase in blood pressure, from 140/90 mm Hg and above.
Lorista 100 mg composition
active substance: losartan potassium;
1 tablet contains 100 mg of losartan potassium;
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch (corn), magnesium stearate, polyvinyl alcohol partially hydrolyzed, titanium dioxide (E 171), macrogol 3350, talc.
This drug Lorista 100 belongs to the group of drugs – type II angiotensin receptor antagonists, based on losartan potassium.
The main active ingredient, potassium losartan, is a vasoconstrictor, an active hormone related to the renin-angiotensive system. Angiotensin II is able to bind to the AT1 receptor found in various tissues of the body. Particularly in the smooth muscle of the blood vessels, which are part of the adrenal glands, kidneys and heart muscle.
Promotes the proliferation of smooth muscle cells.
This hormone also has the property of detecting various biological reactions, including the reaction of vasoconstriction and the release of the hormone aldosterone, which is the main mineralocorticosteroid hormone of the adrenal cortex.
Losartan is able to selectively bond with the AT1 receptor, at the same time not bind or block other hormone receptors and ion channels. Also, this hormone does not have the ability to inhibit the ACE enzyme that promotes the breakdown of bradykinin.
This drug Lorista 100 is used to treat arterial hypertension – a condition in which a person has a persistent increase in blood pressure, from 140/90 mm Hg and above.
Also used for:
- arterial hypertension, accompanied by left ventricular hypertrophy, in order to reduce the risk of complications and mortality due to cardiovascular disorders;
- type II diabetes mellitus with proteinuria, to slow the progression of kidney disease, and to reduce proteinuria.
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
It is also contraindicated in severe forms of hepatic failure.
Not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is not used to treat pregnant women.
If there is a need to take this drug, then during treatment, lactation (breastfeeding) should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
Lorista 100 is taken orally, by mouth, regardless of food intake, once a day.
The recommended average daily dose is 50 mg.
The maximum hypotensive effect develops no earlier than 3-6 weeks after starting treatment with this drug.
If necessary, it is allowed to increase the daily dosage to 100 mg, which is also the maximum permissible daily dose.
When prescribing to patients receiving high doses of diuretics, the initial dose should be reduced to 25 mg per day.
Patients with impaired liver function take a reduced dosage of the drug.
Elderly patients, patients with impaired renal function (including those on dialysis), as well as patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment do not need dosage adjustment.
This drug can also be prescribed concurrently with the intake of other antihypertensive drugs.
An overdose of the drug can cause:
- arterial hypotension;
- bradycardia (due to the activation of the parasympathetic nervous system).
In this case, treatment of symptoms, gastric lavage, and intake of enterosorbents is recommended.
The use of hemodialysis is recommended.
Therapy with this drug can cause side reactions in the form of:
- dizziness, vertigo, drowsiness, headache, insomnia;
- sensations of palpitations, angina pectoris, tachycardia; symptomatic hypotension (especially in patients with a deficiency of intravascular fluid volume, for example, in patients with severe heart failure or in those receiving high doses of diuretics), dose-dependent orthostatic effect, rash;
- abdominal pain, persistent constipation;
- asthenia, fatigue, edema, chest pain;
- increased ALT levels, hyperkalemia;
- anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- loss of consciousness;
- diarrhea, pancreatitis, hepatitis, liver dysfunction;
- back pain, muscle cramps;
- urinary tract infections;
- flu-like symptoms;
- ringing in the ears;
- erectile dysfunction, impotence;
- changes in the functioning of the kidneys, including renal failure (reversible phenomena).
If you are allergic to the drug, you may experience:
- anaphylactic reactions, angioedema;
- vasculitis, including Shenlein-Henoch purpura;
- migraine, cough;
- allergic urticaria, itching, rash,
- photosensitivity; myalgia, arthralgia;
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug is no more than 2 years from the production date indicated on the package.
Store Lorista 100 in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.