This drug is used to treat hypertension in patients in whom effective control of blood pressure is not ensured with losartan alone or hydrochlorothiazide alone.
Lozap Plus coated tablets composition
active substances: losartan potassium, hydrochlorothiazide;
1 tablet contains losartan potassium 50 mg, hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg;
core: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, magnesium stearate;
shell: polyvinyl alcohol partially hydrolyzed, titanium dioxide (E 171), macrogol 3350, talc, iron oxide yellow (E 172).
This drug Lozap Plus coated tablets belongs to the group of combined drugs – type II angiotensin receptor antagonists, based on losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide. The components mutually complement and enhance the effectiveness of each of them, to a greater extent than taken separately.
Losartan potassium is a vasoconstrictor, an active hormone related to the renin-angiotensive system. Angiotensin II is able to bind to the AT1 receptor found in various tissues of the body. Particularly in the smooth muscle of the blood vessels, which are part of the adrenal glands, kidneys and heart muscle. Promotes the proliferation of smooth muscle cells.
This hormone also has the property of detecting various biological reactions, including the reaction of vasoconstriction and the release of the hormone aldosterone, which is the main mineralocorticosteroid hormone of the adrenal cortex.
Losartan is able to selectively bond with the AT1 receptor, at the same time not bind or block other hormone receptors and ion channels. Also, this hormone does not have the ability to inhibit the ACE enzyme that promotes the breakdown of bradykinin.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic that increases the level of uric acid in the blood. Taking these drugs in combination causes a decrease in the hyperuricemia reaction caused by a diuretic.
This drug Lozap Plus coated tablets is used to treat hypertension in patients in whom effective blood pressure control is not ensured with losartan alone or hydrochlorothiazide alone.
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
Also contraindicated for:
- severe forms of liver failure, cholestasis and disorders that are accompanied by obstruction of the bile ducts;
- treatment-resistant hypokalemia or hyperkalemia;
- refractory hyponatremia;
- symptomatic hyperuricemia / gout;
- severe renal failure (with creatinine clearance above 30 ml / min);
Not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is not used for the treatment of pregnant women and when planning pregnancy.
If there is a need to take this drug, then during treatment, lactation (breastfeeding) should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
Lozap Plus coated tabletss are taken orally, by mouth, regardless of the meal, once a day.
The recommended average daily dose is 50 mg / 12.5 mg.
The drug is not intended for the initial treatment of arterial hypertension, but for cases where conventional therapy is ineffective. The maximum effect is usually achieved after 3-4 weeks of treatment.
If necessary, it is allowed to increase the daily dosage to 100 mg / 25 mg, which is also the maximum allowable daily dose.
Patients with impaired liver function take a reduced dosage of the drug.
Elderly patients, patients with impaired renal function (including those on dialysis), as well as patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment do not need dosage adjustment.
This drug can also be prescribed concurrently with the intake of other antihypertensive drugs.
An overdose of the drug can cause:
- hypokalemia, hypochloremia, hyponatremia.
In this case, treatment of symptoms, gastric lavage, and intake of enterosorbents is recommended.
Hemodialysis is not effective.
Therapy with this drug can cause side reactions in the form of:
- dizziness, vertigo, drowsiness, headache, insomnia;
- sensations of palpitations, angina pectoris, tachycardia;
- symptomatic hypotension (especially in patients with a deficiency of intravascular fluid volume, for example, in patients with severe heart failure or in those receiving high doses of diuretics), dose-dependent orthostatic effect, rash;
- abdominal pain, persistent constipation;
- asthenia, fatigue, edema, chest pain;
- increased ALT levels, hyperkalemia, sternalgia, angina pectoris;
- anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- loss of consciousness;
- diarrhea, pancreatitis, hepatitis, liver dysfunction;
- back pain, muscle cramps, weakness, arthralgia, arthritis;
- nocturnal polyuria, urinary tract infections;
- flu-like symptoms, pharyngitis, laryngitis;
- ringing in the ears;
- erectile dysfunction, impotence;
- changes in the functioning of the kidneys, including renal failure (reversible phenomena).
If you are allergic to the drug, you may experience:
- anaphylactic reactions, angioedema;
- vasculitis, including Shenlein-Henoch purpura;
- migraine, cough;
- allergic urticaria, pruritus, rash, photosensitivity;
- myalgia, arthralgia;
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug Lozap Plus coated tablets is no more than 2 years from the production date indicated on the package.
Store in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.