Vulvovaginal infections caused by pathogens sensitive to the drug (pathogens, Trichomonas, fungi, yeast, chlamydia, fungi of the genus Candida). Diseases of the genitourinary system (cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, pyelitis). Intestinal amoebiasis and giardiasis.
active substance: nifuratel;
1 tablet contains nifuratel 200 mg;
Excipients: corn starch, rice starch, polyethylene glycol 6000, talc, magnesium stearate, gelatin, gum arabic, sucrose, magnesium carbonate, titanium dioxide (E 171), wax E, purified water.
Macmiror is a synthetic antibacterial (antimicrobial), antifungal, antiprotozoal drug. Due to its high efficiency and low toxicity, it has a wide range of clinical effects.
Macmiror is chosen when it is necessary to treat salmonellosis, shigellosis. Since it is completely excreted through the kidneys, it has an active antibacterial effect on the urinary tract.
Used for vulvovaginal infections caused by various pathogenic microorganisms, candidiasis, Trichomonas, bacteria, chlamydia. Effective for pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis, pyoid, and other diseases that can affect the urinary system.
It is also used for inflammatory, including chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (mainly of its upper parts), which are caused by Helicobacteria, (chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastroesophagitis reflux, intestinal amebiasis, giardiasis), gram-positive or gram-negative bacteria, ( staphylococci, cytobacteria, etc.).
It is not used in case of intolerance to the substances of the drug included in its composition, as well as in case of impaired renal function, neuropathy and deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the patient. Not intended for use in children under 6 years of age.
The drug should be used in children over 6 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Not recommended. The effect on the fetus has not been studied. It is possible to use it only under strict indications and under strict medical supervision.
Method of application and dosage
- Adults: 1 tablet of Macmiror 3 times a day after meals for 7 days to treat the woman and her partner, if possible. For topical treatment, use Macmiror Complex, soft vaginal capsules or Macmiror Complex, vaginal cream.
Important: Patients treated with tablets alone should increase the dose to 4 tablets per day. It is necessary to abstain from sexual intercourse during treatment, otherwise it is necessary to apply Macmiror Complex, a vaginal cream before each sexual intercourse.
- Children over 10 years of age: the recommended dose is 10 mg / kg body weight per day, divided into 2 doses. Take the drug after a meal. The duration of treatment is an average of 10 days.
Urinary tract infections
- Adults: the recommended dose depends on the severity of the disease and is 3-6 tablets per day (ie 200-400 mg 3 times a day) after meals. The course of treatment is on average 1-2 weeks.
- Children over 6 years of age: the recommended dose is 10-20 mg / kg body weight per day, divided into 2 doses. Take after meals. The duration of treatment is 7 – 14 days.
According to the doctor’s prescription, if necessary, the course of treatment with the drug Macmiror can be extended or re-prescribed treatment of urinary tract infections.
- Adults: 2 tablets 3 times a day, after meals, for 10 days.
- Children over 6 years of age: the recommended daily dose is 30 mg / kg body weight, divided into 3 doses, for 10 days.
- Adults: 2 tablets 2-3 times a day, after meals, for 7 days.
- Children over 6 years of age: the recommended daily dose is 30 mg / kg body weight, divided into 2 doses, after meals, for 7 days.
No cases of overdose with this drug were noted.
The drug rarely causes side effects. In particular, in rare cases, the occurrence of dyspeptic disorders, nausea, diarrhea, bitterness in the mouth was noted. Allergic skin rashes were sometimes noted. In isolated cases, peripheral neuropathy occurred.
Storage conditions and periods
Macmiror is stored for up to 5 years at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.