In particular, it is prescribed for the treatment of infections: respiratory tract; urinary tract; skin, soft tissues; bones and joints; genitourinary system in men; abdominal cavity.
Macrocef 1000 mg/1000 mg composition
active substances: cefoperazone, sulbactam;
1 vial contains: cefoperazone sodium equivalent to cefoperazone 1000 mg, sulbactam sodium equivalent to sulbactam 1000 mg.
Powder for solution for injection.
Macrocef 1000 mg/1000 mg is a two-component drug that consists of two active ingredients: cefoperazone and sulbactam. The antibacterial component of the drug is cefoperazone, which is a third-generation cephalosporin.
It is active in relatively sensitive microorganisms, which are in the stage of active multiplication, due to the property of inhibiting the biosynthesis of the mucopeptide of the cell membrane.
Sulbactam, in turn, enhances the effect of cefoperazone.
Sulbactam has no real antibacterial activity, except for the action of 2 microorganisms (Neisseriaceae and Acinetobacter). However, biochemical studies have shown that due to the various mechanisms of action of this substance, it has the property of enhancing the action of cefoperazone against a wide range of clinically significant microorganisms.
Macrocef 1000 mg/1000 mg is used for the treatment of diseases caused by pathogens sensitive to this combination of drugs (cefoperazone with sulbactam), both in complex and in monotherapy. In particular, it is prescribed for the treatment of infections:
- respiratory tract (including pneumonia, including hospital and aspiration, bronchitis, endobronchitis, empyema or lung abscess);
- urinary tract (pyelonephritis, kidney abscess, cystitis, apostematous nephritis);
- skin, soft tissues (abscesses, phlegmon, pyoinflammatory diseases of pararectal tissue, gangrene of the extremities);
- bones and joints (bacterial arthritis, osteomyelitis);
- genitourinary system in men (prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis.
- small pelvis (endometritis, gonorrhea);
- abdominal cavity (peritonitis, cholecystitis, cholangitis).
It is also prescribed for the treatment of septicemia, meningitis.
Do not use for allergic reactions to drugs of the cephalosporin group, including cefoperazone and / or sulbactam.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There is no evidence that the use of this drug is absolutely harmless to pregnant women and the fetus. Therefore, it is permissible to prescribe it when carrying a child only when the possible benefits of using the drug are higher than the possible harm.
During breastfeeding, the drug enters breast milk in some amount. As a result, during the treatment process, lactation should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
Macrocef 1000 mg/1000 mg is administered as an intramuscular or intravenous injection, twice a day, with a difference of 12 hours, in a single dose of 2-4 grams.
In severe cases, the dosage may be increased to 8 grams.
The duration of the course of treatment is determined by the attending physician, depending on the severity of the course of the disease.
In hepatic and renal failure, the dosage can be reduced to 2 grams per day (administered in a single dosage of 1 gram).
In case of an overdose, an increase in side effects, the occurrence of seizures, can be expected.
In this case, gastric lavage, intake of sorbents, and symptomatic therapy are recommended.
Hemodialysis and symptom management are recommended.
Side effects are usually mild and do not interfere with continuing treatment. Most often they appear as:
- nausea, vomiting, pseudomembranous colitis, diarrhea (diarrhea);
- skin rash, urticaria, Stevens-Johnson syndrome;
- pain and / or phlebitis at the injection site, muscle twitching;
- neutropenia, eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, hematocrit, decreased hemoglobin.
There was also an increase in blood pressure, the occurrence of hematuria, vasculitis.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of capsules is up to 2 years at a temperature of 25 ° C.