Conditions accompanied by magnesium deficiency, as well as in the complex treatment and prevention of: ischemic heart disease (angina, myocardial infarction), angiospasm, lipid metabolism disorders, atherosclerosis, arteriolitis, arteritis.
active substance: magnesium orotate;
1 tablet contains magnesium orotate dihydrate 500 mg (corresponding to 2.7 mval, 1.35 mmol or 32.8 mg of magnesium);
Excipients: colloidal anhydrous silica, carmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, povidone KZ0, lactose monohydrate, sodium cyclamate, talc, magnesium stearate.
Magnerot is a magnesium preparation. Magnesium affects almost all bodily functions. It is one of the main elements in energy processes, it is necessary for the formation of bones and teeth, regulates the permeability of cell membranes and their organelles, participates in the functioning of more than 300 enzymes, protects cells from excessive calcium intake, is a calcium antagonist, increases the activity of the antioxidant defense system, reduces convulsive readiness of the body (with eclampsia, preeclampsia), has antithrombotic activity. With magnesium deficiency, neurological disorders (decreased concentration, tremors, muscle spasms) can be observed.
Magnerot is used:
- for the treatment, prevention of magnesium deficiency;
- for complex treatment, prevention of ischemic heart disease (myocardial infarction, angina pectoris), angiospasm;
- for complex treatment, prevention of dyslipidemia (lipid metabolism disorders), atherosclerosis;
- for complex treatment, prevention of arteriolitis, arteritis.
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with the simultaneous use of other medicines containing magnesium;
- with severe bradycardia;
- with myasthenia gravis;
- with urolithiasis associated with impaired metabolism of calcium, magnesium, ammonium phosphate;
- with atrioventricular block;
- with serious impairment of kidney function;
- with hypermagnesemia (increased concentration of magnesium in the blood);
- with cardiogenic shock (with systolic blood pressure in adults below 90 mm Hg);
- in a coma of unexplained etiology;
- with decompensated form of diabetes mellitus;
- with Addison’s disease;
- with hyperkalemia (increased concentration of potassium in the blood).
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is used during these periods as directed by a doctor.
Method of administration and dosage
Magnerot is used orally one hour before meals.
The standard dose for adults is 2 tablets 3 times a day, then 1 tablet 2-3 times a day.
The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets per day.
The duration of treatment is determined individually.
Symptoms: neurological disorders, vomiting, impaired atrioventricular and ventricular conduction, respiratory failure, decreased blood pressure. If signs of overdose are detected, the use of the drug should be discontinued, seek medical help.
In case of an overdose, the introduction of a 10% solution of calcium chloride for 5-10 minutes, forced diuresis (the introduction of a large volume of fluid into the body and the simultaneous administration of diuretics), dialysis are shown.
Possible manifestations of hypersensitivity (including anaphylaxis, allergic dermatitis, rash, itching, urticaria, Quincke’s edema), digestive disorders.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Magnerot for no more than five years at temperatures up to +25 ° C.
It is forbidden to use after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Parents are obliged to ensure the safety of children, excluding the possibility of their access to medicine.