- All forms of proven chronic periodontitis;
- Complex treatment of periodontal diseases;
- Postoperative period after surgical treatment of periodontitis.
active substances: 100 ml of solution contains: decoction of medicinal plants (herbs wormwood Pontian / Artemisia pontisa L. / 4,196 g, herbs savory / Satureja hortensis L. / 0,728 g, clove buds / Syzygium aromaticum (L.) Merr. et LM Perry / 3,646 g, black pepper fruit / Piper nigrum L. / 1,199 g, ginger rhizome / Zingiber officinale Roscoe / 4,196 g);
excipients: ammonium chloride, wine vinegar, purified water.
Maraslavin is a plant-based antiseptic that is used in dentistry in the complex treatment of hemorrhagic purulent periodontal disease with complications in the form of alveolar pockets. Also prescribed to patients after surgical interventions associated with infectious and / or inflammatory processes of the oral cavity (gums, oral membrane, periodontitis of various etiologies.)
Also has astringent, antimicrobial, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, local anesthetic effects. Intensifies the regeneration of damaged tissues.
Due to the properties of Pontic Wormwood, which is part of the drug, it is able to produce a stabilizing effect on blood vessels, has antimicrobial activity. The clove tree also strengthens the walls of blood vessels, reducing secretions, and has a deodorant, tanning and analgesic effect. Other ingredients that make up the drug help to stop blood, enhance cellular immunity, eliminate pain, relieve spasms, have an obliterating effect, and have a bacteriostatic effect.
- mustache form brought chronic to periodontitis;
- complex lykuvannya periodontal disease;
- postoperative period for carrying out surgical treatment of periodontitis.
It is not prescribed for hypersensitive reactions to any component of the drug.
Due to insufficient clinical experience with the drug in children under 14 years of age, its use is not recommended for this category of patients.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
In medicine, there are no recorded data on the safety of using Maraslavin during pregnancy or during lactation.
Method of administration and dosage
- It is used as a rinse in the mouth, and also makes applications and baths. The vials contain a ready-to-use solution that does not require special preparation. For the rinsing procedure, put 1-2 tablespoons of the drug in your mouth, rinse for as long as possible, spit it out. Repeat 4-5 times a day.
- The baths are done with the same volume of the drug, but for use, pour it into a small container, keep the painful area immersed in the drug for 10-15 minutes, up to 5 times a day.
- In medical procedures, the drug is used by a health worker. It removes pathogenic deposits near the gums, after which it sanitizes the gum pockets, after which instillation is carried out (tampons moistened with solution are introduced into the affected areas, bone pockets). After holding for 5-6 minutes, the tampons are changed to fresh ones, and this is repeated 5-6 times. It is permissible to introduce tampons for a day, but the doctor puts new ones again, after sanitation of the oral cavity. The course consists of 17-20 procedures.
- If the drug is used for preventive purposes, it is permissible to dilute the pharmaceutical drug in 1 glass of water, rinsing is carried out with the same frequency as during treatment. The same is the method of preparation in order to obtain a deodorant effect, or if it is used as a dental elixir.
There are no recorded cases of drug overdose.
Usually well tolerated by patients. In rare cases, side effects of a local irritating nature (burning, itching) may occur. If such a problem occurs, the drug should be diluted in a 1: 1 ratio.
When tamponing, the waste of purulent discharge may worsen. A symptom of such a complication may be an increase in temperature (up to subfebrile values). In this case, their independent withdrawal is permissible.
Storage conditions and periods Store Maraslavin for up to 3 years at temperatures up to 25 ° C.