Mediatorn is prescribed for the treatment of diseases of the peripheral and central nervous system: mono- and polyneuropathy; polyradiculopathy; myasthenia gravis and myasthenic syndrome of various etiologies; bulbar paralysis and paresis; the recovery period of organic lesions of the central nervous system, accompanied by movement disorders.
active substance: ipidacrine hydrochloride monohydrate;
1 ml of solution contains ipidacrine hydrochloride monohydrate, in terms of ipidacrine hydrochloride – 15 mg;
Excipients: water for injections.
Solution for injection.
This Mediatorn drug belongs to the drugs that act on the nervous system.
The active substance is a mediator that stimulates the effect on the conduction of the impulse along the nerve fibers, interneuronal and neuromuscular synapses of the peripheral and central nervous systems. The drug blocks potassium channels of neuronal and muscle cell membranes, and also reversibly inhibits synaptic cholinesterase.
The drug potentiates the effect of acetylcholine, adrenaline, serotonin, histamine and oxytocin on smooth muscle. The drug is prescribed to improve memory, inhibit the progressive development of dementia.
In addition, the drug exhibits moderate sedative, analgesic, antiarrhythmic effects.
Mediatorn is prescribed for the treatment of diseases of the peripheral and central nervous system:
- mono- and polyneuropathy;
- myasthenia gravis and myasthenic syndrome of various etiologies;
- bulbar paralysis and paresis;
- the recovery period of organic lesions of the central nervous system, accompanied by movement disorders.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
The drug is contraindicated in the following diseases and conditions:
- extrapyramidal disorders with hyperkinesis;
- angina pectoris;
- severe bradycardia;
- bronchial asthma;
- vestibular disorders;
- mechanical obstruction of the intestines and urinary tract;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum in the acute stage.
The drug is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not recommended for pregnant women – only under strict indications determined by the attending physician.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of administration and dosage:
- Mono- and polyneuropathies of various origins: inject 5-15 mg subcutaneously or intramuscularly 1 to 2 times a day, the course of treatment is 10-15 days (in severe cases up to 30 days), then treatment should be continued with the oral form of ipidacrine.
- Myasthenia gravis and myasthenic syndrome: inject 5 – 30 mg subcutaneously or intramuscularly 1 – 3 times a day, and then switch to the tablet form. The general course of treatment is 1 – 2 months. If necessary, the treatment can be repeated several times with a break between courses of 1 – 2 months.
- Bulbar paralysis and paresis: inject 5-15 mg subcutaneously and intramuscularly 1 – 2 times a day, the course of treatment is 10 – 15 days, if possible switch to the tablet form.
- The recovery period for organic lesions of the central nervous system: intramuscularly inject 10 – 15 mg 1 – 2 times a day, the course of treatment up to 15 days.
In case of an overdose, the following symptoms may occur:
- increased sweating;
- constriction of the pupils;
- increased peristalsis of the gastrointestinal tract;
- spontaneous bowel movements and urination;
- violation of intracardiac conduction;
- lowering blood pressure;
- feeling of fear;
- speech disorder;
- general weakness.
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
The following side effects may occur:
- increased heart rate, decreased heart rate;
- increased secretion of bronchial secretions, bronchospasm;
- increased salivation;
- nausea, with high doses – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, jaundice, chest pain;
- allergic reactions, including rash, itching, urticaria, angioedema;
- increased uterine tone.
Storage conditions and periods
Expiration date – up to 2 years from the production date indicated on the package. Storage periods should not be exceeded.
The storage temperature of the Mediatorn should not exceed 25 ° C. Temperature deviations can change the properties of the preparation, therefore it should always be stored in its original packaging.