Essential arterial hypertension. The drug can be used alone or in combination with other protigipertonichnimi drugs, especially with thiazide diuretics). Chronic stable angina. Chronic stable heart failure (as an adjunct to standard therapy with diuretics, digoxin, or ACE inhibitors), to prevent progression of the disease in patients with class II-i heart failure classified by the NYHA (new York heart Association).
active substance: carvedilol;
1 tablet contains carvedilol 25 mg;
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, povidone, iron oxide yellow (E 172) (for tablets of 6.25 mg), colloidal anhydrous silica, crospovidone, sucrose, magnesium stearate.
This medicine is used for cardiac diseases. It is a non-selective (acts indiscriminately) beta-adrenergic receptor blocker. Has a vasodilating (vasodilating) effect. Also exhibits antioxidant and antiproliferative properties.
Medocardil is prescribed:
- with chronic stable angina pectoris;
- with arterial hypertension (essential);
- with chronic stable cardiac insufficiency.
Medocardil should not be used:
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with cardiogenic shock;
- with decompensated heart failure (NYHA class IV), which requires the appointment of inotropic drugs;
- with metabolic acidosis;
- with concomitant treatment with diltiazem, verapamil, and other antiarrhythmic drugs;
- with AV block II – III degree (without a pacemaker);
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with Short’s syndrome (weakness of the sinus node);
- with bradycardia (heart rate up to 50 beats / minute);
- with arterial hypotension (SBP does not reach 85 mmHg);
- with uncompensated heart failure, requiring the appointment of positive isotropic, diuretic pharmaceuticals;
- with bronchial asthma, other obstructive pulmonary diseases;
- with severe liver dysfunction;
- when using IMAO (exception – MAO-B);
- with pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary heart.
Children This drug is not used in pediatric practice.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Medocardil is not used during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Medocardil is administered orally (by mouth).
Treatment is usually started with low doses. Then the dose is gradually increased until the optimal effect is obtained.
- The standard starting dose for essential arterial hypertension is 12.5 mg in the morning after breakfast or 6.25 mg in the morning and evening. After 2 days, the dose is increased to 25 mg in the morning or 12.5 mg in the morning and evening. After 14 days of therapy, the dose is increased to 25 mg in the morning and evening.
The maximum dose for hypertension is 25 mg in the morning and evening.
- The initial dose for heart failure is 3.125 mg in the morning and evening, for stable angina pectoris – 12.5 mg in the morning and evening. After two days, the dose is increased to 25 mg in the morning and evening.
The maximum dose for chronic angina pectoris is 25 mg in the morning and evening.
The starting dose for angina pectoris in individuals with heart failure is 3.125 mg in the morning and evening.
Symptoms: decreased heart rate (bradycardia), heart failure, drop in blood pressure, respiratory failure, vomiting, confusion, cardiac arrest, cardiogenic shock, generalized seizures.
Overdose treatment: gastric lavage, intake of sorbents, symptomatic therapy, monitoring and correction of indicators of vital systems, with bradycardia – the appointment of atropine (0.5–2 mg).
Possible changes in the blood test (anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, decreased prothrombin levels, hypercholesterolemia, hyper / hypoglycemia, hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, hypertriglyceridemia, increased creatinine, alkaline phosphatase, urea levels), allergy manifestations (including anaphylactic reactions), orthostatic reactions hypotension, weight gain, depressive mood, headache, dizziness, paresthesia, loss of consciousness, sleep disorders, eye irritation, dry eyes, nausea, blurred vision, heart failure, edema, cold extremities, bradycardia, hypotension, exacerbation of Charcot’s syndrome, angina pectoris , Raynaud’s phenomenon, palpitations, shortness of breath, arterial hypertension, pulmonary edema, nasal congestion, asthma, abdominal pain, diarrhea / constipation, melena, periodontitis, dry mouth, liver dysfunction (increased AST, ALT, GGT), urticaria, rash, dizziness, dermatitis, increased sweating, pain in the limbs, itching, alopecia, arthralgia, kidney failure, convulsions, impaired iya urination, hematuria, urinary incontinence, glucosuria, hyperuricemia, albuminuria, erectile dysfunction, asthenia, fever, headaches, flu-like symptoms, loss of consciousness.
Storage conditions and periods
It is required to store Medocardil at 15 – 25 ° C for no more than two years.