Medotilin is used to treat the following diseases and conditions: an acute period of severe traumatic brain injury with a predominantly stem level of damage; degenerative-involutional brain psychoorganic syndromes or secondary consequences of cerebrovascular insufficiency, that is, primary and secondary disorders of mental activity in the elderly, which are characterized by memory impairment, confusion, disorientation, decreased motivation and initiative, decreased ability to concentrate.
active substance: choline alfoscerate;
1 ampoule (4 ml) of solution contains choline alfoscerate (in the form of hydrate) 1000 mg;
Excipient: water for injections.
Solution for injection.
This drug, Medotilin, is a drug that affects the nervous system.
The active substance is a central cholinomimetic with an effect on the central nervous system. It is able to prevent and correct biochemical disorders. This pathology occurs in the psychoorganic syndrome of involution, causes a depressed cholinergic tone and changes the cell membranes.
One of the components of the drug is metabolically protected choline. Its effect improves the transmission of impulses in cholinergic neurons. It has a positive effect on membrane plasticity and receptor functionality.
Also, under the influence of the drug, cerebral blood flow is improved, the metabolic process in the brain is enhanced, the structure of the reticular formation of the brain is activated and consciousness is restored in case of traumatic brain injury.
Medotilin is used to treat the following diseases and conditions:
- an acute period of severe traumatic brain injury with a predominantly stem level of damage;
- degenerative-involutional brain psychoorganic syndromes or secondary consequences of cerebrovascular insufficiency, that is, primary and secondary disorders of mental activity in the elderly, which are characterized by memory impairment, confusion, disorientation, decreased motivation and initiative, decreased ability to concentrate;
- changes in the emotional sphere and the sphere of behavior: emotional instability, irritability, indifference to the environment;
- pseudomelancholia in the elderly.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or to one of the auxiliary components.
The drug is contraindicated in psychotic syndrome, severe psychomotor agitation.
The drug is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not recommended for pregnant women – only under strict indications determined by the attending physician.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
In acute conditions, Medotilin is administered intramuscularly or intravenously (slowly) 1 g (1 ampoule) for 15 to 20 days.
After stabilization of the patient’s condition, switch to oral forms of the drug.
In case of an overdose, the following phenomena may occur:
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
The following reactions can be observed:
- anxiety, agitation, insomnia;
- lowering blood pressure, headache, very rarely possible abdominal pain and short-term confusion;
- reactions at the injection site;
- hypersensitivity reactions, including rash, itching, urticaria, angioedema, skin redness.
Storage conditions and periods
Shelf life – up to 2 years from the production date indicated on the package. Storage periods should not be exceeded.
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C. Temperature deviations can change the properties of the preparation, therefore it should always be stored in its original packaging.