Meldonium is prescribed in complex therapy: with ischemic heart disease (including angina pectoris, myocardial infarction); with chronic heart failure; with dyshormonal cardiomyopathy; with acute / chronic disorders of cerebral blood supply (cerebrovascular insufficiency, cerebral strokes); with hemophthalmos (vitreous hemorrhage); with retinal hemorrhage; with thrombosis of the central retinal vein, its branches; with retinopathy (diabetic, hypertensive); with reduced working capacity, physical overstrain (including athletes); with withdrawal syndrome (in the complex treatment of alcoholism).
active substance: meldonium;
1 ml of solution contains meldonium (3- (2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium) propionate dihydrate) 100 mg;
5 ml of solution (1 ampoule) contain meldonium (3- (2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium) propionate dihydrate) 500 mg;
Excipients: sodium hydroxide, dilute hydrochloric acid, water for injections.
Solution for injection.
It is a remedy that improves metabolic processes. The drug restores the balance between the need for oxygen and its delivery to the cells, eliminates the accumulated toxic products of cellular metabolism. Also has a tonic effect. In the case of heart failure, it increases the contractility of the myocardium, reduces the frequency of angina attacks, and increases exercise tolerance. In case of cerebral circulation ischemic disorders, it improves blood flow in the ischemic focus, promotes blood redistribution in favor of the area suffering from a lack of oxygen. The drug helps to eliminate functional disorders of the nervous system.
Meldoniy is prescribed in complex therapy:
- with ischemic heart disease (including angina pectoris, myocardial infarction);
- with chronic heart failure;
- with dyshormonal cardiomyopathy;
- with acute / chronic disorders of cerebral blood supply (cerebrovascular insufficiency, cerebral strokes);
- with hemophthalmos (vitreous hemorrhage);
- with retinal hemorrhage;
- with thrombosis of the central retinal vein, its branches;
- with retinopathy (diabetic, hypertensive);
- with reduced working capacity, physical overstrain (including athletes);
- with withdrawal syndrome (in the complex treatment of alcoholism).
- with intolerance to the components;
- with increased intracranial pressure (with impaired venous outflow, the growth of intracranial tumors). There is insufficient data on the use of the drug in children.
There are no data on the safety and efficacy of meldonium in children (under 18 years of age), so the use of meldonium in this category of patients is contraindicated.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The safety of use during these periods has not been proven.
Method of administration and dosage
Meldoniy is administered intravenously.
- For cardiovascular diseases, 500–1000 mg / day is indicated. The standard course of treatment is 4–6 weeks.
- With cardialgia (pain in the heart) against the background of dyshormonal myocardial dystrophy – 500 mg / day. Standard course – 12 days.
- In acute disorders of cerebral circulation, 500–1000 mg / day is indicated. The general course is 4-6 weeks. For chronic disorders – 500 mg / day, course – 4-6 weeks.
- Repeated courses (2-3 times a year) are allowed after consultation with a doctor.
- For mental / physical overload, 500 mg / day is indicated, the course of treatment is 10-14 days. If necessary, the therapy is repeated after 2-3 weeks.
- Athletes are prescribed 500-1000 mg / day before exercise. Duration of admission in the preparatory period – 14-21 days, in the competitive period – 10-14 days.
- In chronic alcoholism, 500–1000 mg / day is prescribed, the course of treatment is 7–10 days.
In view of the exciting effect, the medicine is recommended to be taken in the morning.
Overdose cases are not known. The drug is low-toxic and does not cause adverse reactions dangerous to human health, even in case of an overdose.
Possible symptoms: drop in blood pressure (headache, dizziness), tachycardia, agitation.
Treatment is symptomatic.
- Immune disorders: allergies (angioedema, dermatitis, anaphylaxis).
- Mental disorders: agitation, fear, obsessive thoughts, sleep disorders.
- Neurological disorders: paresthesia, tremor, hypesthesia, headache, tinnitus, gait disturbance, vertigo, loss of consciousness.
- Cardiac disorders: changes in heart rhythm (tachycardia, arrhythmia, fibrillation), palpitations, chest discomfort, increase / decrease in blood pressure, hypotensive crisis.
- Respiratory disorders: infections, pharyngitis, cough, dis / apnea.
- Digestive disorders: dyspepsia, metallic taste in the mouth, appetite disturbances, nausea, flatulence, stool disorders, abdominal pain, dry mouth, hypersalivation.
- Skin changes: pallor of the skin, hyperemia, rashes, itching.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: back pain, myasthenia gravis, muscle spasms.
- Urinary disorders: pollakiuria.
- General disorders: weakness, chills, edema, asthenia, hot / cold sensations, cold sweat.
- Changes in laboratory tests: dyslipidemia, increased levels of C-reactive protein, abnormalities in the ECG, eosinophilia.
Storage conditions and periods
Meldoniy must be stored in its original packaging for no more than 2 years.
Temperature range: within 15-25 ° C.