Memoplant is used in the treatment of functional and organic disorders of the brain resulting from stroke, traumatic brain injury and age-related changes caused by cerebral atherosclerosis, conditions after brain surgery, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Memoplant Forte composiion
active substance: dry extract (EGb 761®) of ginkgo biloba leaves (Ginkgo biloba);
1 film-coated tablet contains 80 mg of dry extract (EGb 761®) of Ginkgo biloba leaves (35-67: 1), standardized to 17.6-21.6 mg of ginkgo flavonoid glycosides and up to 4, 32-5.28 mg of terpenlactones, of which 2.24-2.72 mg of ginkgolides A, B, C and 2.08-2.56 mg – bilobalide and not more than 0.4 μg of ginkgolic acids [extractant: acetone 60% (m / m)];
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, colloidal anhydrous silica, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, macrogol 1500, titanium dioxide (E 171), iron oxide red (E 172) , antifoam emulsion SE 2 (dimethicone, colloidal anhydrous silica, macrogol ether stearic, sorbic acid), talc.
It is a herbal remedy that normalizes cell metabolism. It also improves the rheological properties of blood, microcirculation, cerebral circulation, delivery of glucose and oxygen to the brain. Prevents aggregation of erythrocytes, inhibits platelet activating factor. In addition, it reveals a regulatory effect on the vascular system (dose-dependent), stimulates the production of an endothelium-dependent dilating factor, increases venous tone, dilates small arteries, regulating blood circulation in the vessels. Reduces the permeability of the vascular wall, has an antithrombotic effect, prevents the formation of free radicals, lipid peroxidation of cell membranes. Normalizes re-absorption, catabolism, release of neurotransmitters (dopamine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine), their ability to bind to receptors. Improves metabolism in tissues, has an antihypoxic effect, promotes increased utilization of oxygen, glucose, accumulation of macroergs in cells, normalization of mediator processes in the brain.
Memoplant Forte is used:
- with neurosensory deficiency of various origins (diabetic retinopathy, senile macular degeneration);
- with cognitive deficits of various origins (traumatic brain injury, discirculatory encephalopathy after a stroke, old age), which is manifested by a decrease in intellectual abilities, impaired attention, memory, fear, sleep disturbance);
- with intermittent claudication as a result of chronic obliterating arteriopathies of the lower extremities (grade II according to Fontaine);
- with visual impairment of vascular origin, a decrease in its acuity;
- with hearing impairment, vertigo, tinnitus, impaired coordination of vascular genesis;
- with Raynaud’s syndrome.
Do not use Memoplant Forte in case of hypersensitivity to ginkgo biloba extract, any component of the drug.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Memoplant Forte is used internally.
The standard dose is 80 mg 1-2 times / day. The average duration of treatment is 3 months.
- With cognitive disorders – 80 mg 1-2 times / day. The duration of treatment is at least eight weeks.
- With peripheral occlusive arterial disease, dizziness of vascular / involutional origin – 80 mg 1-2 times / day. The duration of treatment is at least eight weeks.
- With dizziness, the duration of treatment is no more than 6-8 weeks, with tinnitus – at least 12 weeks.
No data available. There may be an increase in the manifestations of side effects. In case of an overdose, symptomatic treatment is prescribed.
- Neurological disorders: headache, fainting (including vasovagal), dizziness.
- Digestive disorders: dyspeptic symptoms, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea.
- Immune disorders: angioedema, shortness of breath, urticaria, rashes.
- Dermatological disorders: itching, skin inflammation, edema, redness, rash, eczema.
- Others: hemorrhages (in the eye, gastrointestinal, in the brain).
Storage conditions and periods
Store Memoplant Forte in undamaged packaging under the following temperature conditions: up to +25 degrees Celsius. Store no more than 5 years from the date of manufacture.