Appointed by Mepenam : with a lower respiratory tract infection (hospital / community-acquired pneumonia); with an infection of the abdominal cavity (peritonitis, complicated appendicitis, pelvioperitonitis); with an infection of the urinary system (pyelitis, pyelonephritis); with infections of the skin, soft tissues (impetigo, erysipelas, secondarily infected dermatoses); with an infection of the pelvic organs (endometritis); with bacterial meningitis; with septicemia; in empiric treatment for suspected infection in adults with febrile neutropenia.
active substance: meropenem;
1 vial contains meropenem trihydrate 1140 mg, which corresponds to 1000 mg of meropenem in terms of anhydrous substance;
Excipient: sodium carbonate.
Powder for solution for injection.
It is an antibiotic of the carbapenem group. It has a bactericidal effect (kills bacteria) by suppressing the production of bacterial cell wall components.
Appointed by Mepenam :
- with a lower respiratory tract infection (hospital / community-acquired pneumonia);
- with an infection of the abdominal cavity (peritonitis, complicated appendicitis, pelvioperitonitis);
- with an infection of the urinary system (pyelitis, pyelonephritis);
- with infections of the skin, soft tissues (impetigo, erysipelas, secondarily infected dermatoses);
- with an infection of the pelvic organs (endometritis);
- with bacterial meningitis;
- with septicemia;
- in empiric treatment for suspected infection in adults with febrile neutropenia.
You can not appoint Mepenam :
- if you are allergic to meropenem, beta-lactam antibiotics;
- at the age of 3 months.
It is prescribed with caution with potentially nephrotoxic drugs, persons with complaints from the gastrointestinal tract, with colitis.
The drug is used in children over 3 months of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Only when necessary.
Method of administration and dosage
It is administered as an intravenous bolus over a minimum of 5 minutes, or by drip over a 15–30 minute period, using the appropriate infusion dilution solutions.
Standard Adult Dose:
- 500 mg every 8 hours for pneumonia, infectious and inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs, urinary tract infections, infections of the skin, soft tissues;
- 1000 mg x3 times / day – for septicemia, peritonitis, hospital pneumonia, suspected bacterial infection in individuals with symptoms of febrile neutropenia;
- 2000 mg every 8 hours – when treating meningitis.
In case of an overdose, symptomatic therapy is performed. Normally, the drug is rapidly excreted through the kidneys. In patients with impaired renal function, the drug is removed by hemodialysis.
- Co side of digestion: constipation, lack of appetite, jaundice, nausea, diarrhea, cholestatic hepatitis, hyperbilirubinemia, abdominal pain, increased activity of liver transaminases, lactate dehydrogenase, alkaline phosphatase, oral mucosa candidiasis, pseudomembranous colitis.
- Co side of the heart / vessels: development of heart failure, tachy / bradycardia, cardiac arrest, decrease / increase in blood pressure, myocardial infarction, fainting, PE.
- Co side of the urinary system: edema, impaired renal function, hematuria, dysuria.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, itchy skin, skin rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, anaphylactic shock, angioedema.
- From the side of the nervous system: insomnia, headache, paresthesia, drowsiness, dizziness, increased excitability, depression, agitation, anxiety, impaired consciousness, epileptiform seizures, hallucinations, convulsions.
- Laboratory indicators: agranulocytosis, eosinophilia, neutropenia, hypokalemia, leukopenia, leukocytosis, anemia, reversible thrombocytopenia.
- Local reactions: thrombophlebitis, inflammation, phlebitis, soreness at the injection site.
- Other: positive direct / indirect Coombs’ test, dyspnea, hypervolemia, vaginal candidiasis.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С no more than 2 years.