Mexicor is used: with acute / chronic disorders of cerebral circulation (traumatic brain injury and its consequences, discirculatory encephalopathy, neurocirculatory dystonia, moderate cognitive disorders of atherosclerotic genesis); with anxiety disorders; with neuroses, neurosis-like states; with acute myocardial infarction; with withdrawal symptoms in alcoholics with a predominance of neurosis-like, neurocirculatory disorders; with acute intoxication with antipsychotic drugs; with primary open-angle glaucoma; with acute intra-abdominal purulent-inflammatory processes (peritonitis, acute necrotizing pancreatitis).
1 capsule contains ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate
in terms of 100% substance100 mg;
excipients: potato starch, povidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose.
It is a remedy that improves metabolic processes. It is a membrane protector, an inhibitor of free radical processes. Has a stress-protective, nootropic, antihypoxic, anxiolytic and anticonvulsant effect. Increases tissue resistance to oxygen-dependent pathological conditions (hypoxia, shock, ischemia, alcohol intoxication, cerebral circulation disorders).
Mexicor is used:
- with acute / chronic disorders of cerebral circulation (traumatic brain injury and its consequences, discirculatory encephalopathy, neurocirculatory dystonia, moderate cognitive disorders of atherosclerotic genesis);
- with anxiety disorders;
- with neuroses, neurosis-like states;
- with acute myocardial infarction;
- with withdrawal symptoms in alcoholics with a predominance of neurosis-like, neurocirculatory disorders;
- with acute intoxication with antipsychotic drugs;
- with primary open-angle glaucoma;
- with acute intra-abdominal purulent-inflammatory processes (peritonitis, acute necrotizing pancreatitis).
- with intolerance to the components of the drug;
- with severe dysfunction of the liver, kidneys.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Mexicor is taken orally. Therapeutic doses and duration of treatment are determined by the doctor depending on the nosological form of the disease and the patient’s sensitivity to the drug.
Begin treatment with a dose of 100 mg 3 times a day, gradually increasing the dose to obtain a therapeutic effect.
The maximum daily dose should not exceed 800 mg, single – 200 mg. It is desirable to divide the daily dose of the drug into 3 doses during the day.
- The duration of drug therapy in patients with coronary heart disease and cerebrovascular disorders is at least 1.5‒2 months. Repeated courses of therapy on the advice of a doctor is desirable in the spring and autumn.
- In the complex therapy of dyscirculatory encephalopathy, mild and moderate cognitive disorders, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 100 mg 3-4 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the course of the disease, the patient’s condition.
- The course of drug therapy should be completed gradually, reducing the daily dose of the drug by 100 mg daily.
Overdose symptoms: increased blood pressure, sleep disturbance, drowsiness.
Treatment is symptomatic, detoxification therapy is performed.
- Cardiovascular disorders: decrease / increase in blood pressure, palpitation, tachycardia.
- Neurological disorders: disturbances in the process of falling asleep, drowsiness, anxiety, headaches, emotional reactivity, impaired coordination.
- Digestive disorders: dry mouth, nausea, flatulence.
- Immune disorders: manifestations of allergies, including skin rashes, urticaria, angioedema, itching.
- Others: distal hyperhidrosis, metallic taste, sensation of heat, sore throat, discomfort behind the breastbone, shortness of breath, tremor, facial flushing, peripheral edema.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Mexicor in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C. The maximum shelf life is three years from the date of production.