Drops are applied: with acute rhinitis accompanying colds; with chronic / acute sinusitis – inflammation of the paranasal sinuses; with acute inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media) – as an auxiliary medicine; with allergic rhinitis, including hay fever (hay fever or seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis); with vasomotor rhinitis – a violation of nasal breathing due to edema of the mucous membrane with a decrease in the tone of the vascular wall; with chronic rhinitis; to prepare for an operation on ENT organs; to eliminate edema of the paranasal sinuses, nasal cavity after surgery on the ENT organs.
active substances: phenylephrine, dimethindene maleate;
1 ml of the drug contains: phenylephrine – 2.5 mg, dimethindene maleate – 0.25 mg;
excipients: benzalkonium chloride; lavender extract; sorbitol (E 420); citric acid, monohydrate; sodium hydrogen phosphate, dodecahydrate; water for injections.
Available as nasal drops.
Milt is a medicine for the treatment of the common cold. Its active components reduce nasal discharge without disturbing the physiological functions of the nasal mucosa and ciliated epithelium, helping to cleanse the nasal passages. Phenylephrine is a sympathomimetic amine with a mild vasoconstrictor effect. It stimulates the alpha1-adrenergic receptors of the cavernous venous tissue of the nasal membrane, eliminating edema for a long time and quickly. Dimetindene has antiallergic effect, being an antagonist of histamine H1 receptors.
Milt drops are used:
- with acute rhinitis accompanying colds;
- with chronic / acute sinusitis – inflammation of the paranasal sinuses;
- with acute inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media) – as an auxiliary medicine;
- with allergic rhinitis, including hay fever (hay fever or seasonal allergic rhinoconjunctivitis);
- with vasomotor rhinitis – a violation of nasal breathing due to edema of the mucous membrane with a decrease in the tone of the vascular wall;
- with chronic rhinitis;
- to prepare for an operation on ENT organs;
- to eliminate edema of the paranasal sinuses, nasal cavity after undergoing surgery on the ENT organs.
Milt should not be used:
- with intolerance to excipients;
- if you are allergic to active ingredients (phenylephrine, dimethindene);
- with atrophic form of rhinitis – inflammation of the nasal mucosa, characterized by thickening and thinning;
- with ozena – progressive atrophic rhinitis, characterized by changes in the mucous membrane, bone structures, nasal cartilage, accompanied by fetid discharge;
- while taking certain medications (monoamine oxidase inhibitors).
Drops are prescribed with caution:
- with prostate adenoma;
- with angle-closure glaucoma;
- with pathology of the thyroid gland;
- with cardiovascular diseases (rhythm disturbances, arterial hypertension, generalized atherosclerosis);
- with diabetes mellitus (insulin-dependent).
Used with caution in people with severe reactions to sympathomimetic drugs (with dizziness, insomnia).
This medicine is not recommended for use in children under 2 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Given the possibility of the development of a systemic vasoconstrictor effect, drops are not recommended to be prescribed during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Before administering the drug, the nose should be thoroughly cleaned. The patient should tilt his head back, sitting or standing, or sideways if lying in bed. After instilling the drops, it is advisable to leave the head tilted for a few minutes to allow the drug to spread in the nasal cavity.
The dropper cap should be washed and dried before screwing onto the vial.
- Children aged 2 to 6 years
1-2 drops in each nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
- Children from 6 years old and adults
3-4 drops in each nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
The period of continuous treatment should not exceed 3 days and depends on the course of the disease.
The drug should be used in children aged 2 to 12 years under adult supervision.
Overdose signs: increased and frequent heartbeat, pain in the back of the head, tremors, increased blood pressure, pallor, insomnia, agitation, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, vomiting.
Treatment: the use of sorbents, possibly the use of laxatives in young children (gastric lavage is not carried out), drinking plenty of fluids. Drug-induced hypertension can be treated with an alpha-adrenergic blocker.
Rarely, mild local reactions may develop at the site of application (nosebleeds, burning, dryness, itching in the nasal cavity).
Storage conditions and periods
Drops should be stored in their original packaging for no more than two years, after the first use – 4 months. Temperature conditions – no higher than 25 ° C.