Moditen Depo is used: with neurosis-like, hallucinatory disorders; in various forms of schizophrenia, especially in paranoid states with an affect of fear, soporic-catatonic disorders, a sluggish course of the disease with a predominance of depressive-apathetic states.
Moditen Depo composition
active substance: fluphenazine decanoate;
1 ml of solution for injection contains 25 mg of fluphenazine decanoate;
excipients: benzyl alcohol, sesame oil.
Solution for injection.
It is an antipsychotic drug (neuroleptic). It has a pronounced and long-lasting effect. It has an antipsychotic effect, combined with an activating, moderate sedative effect. Also exhibits antiemetic activity. Its mechanism of action is due to the blocking of central dopaminergic receptors with a moderate effect on noradrenergic receptors.
Moditen Depo is used:
- with neurosis-like, hallucinatory disorders;
- in various forms of schizophrenia, especially in paranoid states with an affect of fear, soporic-catatonic disorders, a sluggish course of the disease with a predominance of depressive-apathetic states.
- if you are allergic to fluphenazine, other phenothiazines;
- with intolerance to excipients;
- with a coma;
- with severe atherosclerosis of the vessels of the brain;
- with organic lesions of the brain;
- with severe violations of the liver, kidneys;
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with blood pathology;
- with prostate hypertrophy.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Moditen Depo is administered intramuscularly.
The standard starting dose for adults is 12.5-25 mg every 15-35 days. A single dose should not exceed 100 mg.
Symptoms: drowsiness, extrapyramidal disturbances, instability of blood pressure, coma, convulsions, shock, miosis, urinary retention.
Therapeutic measures: support of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, symptomatic therapy.
- Neurological disorders: hyperthermia of central origin, drowsiness, headache, fainting, confusion, akathisia, extrapyramidal disorders (hypokinesia, akinesia, tremor, muscle rigidity), sleep disturbances, insomnia, depression, seizures, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (shortness of breath) tachypnea, convulsions, tachycardia, arrhythmia, unstable blood pressure, hyperthermia, increased sweating, severe muscle rigidity, involuntary urination, pallor of the skin, fatigue, weakness), tardive dyskinesia.
- Cardiovascular disorders: decrease / increase in blood pressure (including orthostatic hypotension), reflex tachycardia, hypertension, stroke.
- Digestive disorders: constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, dysphagia, nausea.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: hyperpigmentation, xeroderma, photosensitivity, joint / bone / muscle pain.
- Endocrine disorders: hyperglycemia, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, dysmenorrhea, gynecomastia, amenorrhea.
- Genitourinary disorders: priapism, anorgasmia, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation, dysuria, urinary incontinence, polyuria.
- Hematological disorders: blood dyscrasia, increased cholesterol concentration, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: impaired visual acuity.
- Others: swelling of soft tissues, manifestations of allergies, incl. angioedema, skin rashes.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Moditen Depo in its original production container at temperatures up to 25 degrees. It is good for two years after production (see the date on the packaging).