Relieve dryness and discomfort (feeling of tension, itching, burning) intimate areas caused by: estrogen deficiency (during perimenopause, etc.); atrophy of the vaginal mucosa; increased stress.
1 pessary contains: 10 mg of sodium hyaluronate, glycogen, lactic acid and auxiliary
substances: sodium lactate and semi-synthetic glycerides.
Molvagyn pessaries moisturize the vaginal mucosa, promote mucosal regeneration, help maintain the natural pH level and protect the vagina from adverse external factors.
The vaginal epithelium maintains the appropriate level of moisture and the pH level of the mucous membrane. This condition can be violated:
- due to estrogen deficiency, including natural menopause or menopause caused by the consequences of medical intervention (removal of the uterus with the uterine appendage);
- with long-term use of hormones (including gonadotropin antagonists (GnRH), glucocorticosteroids);
- due to stressful situations;
- after chemotherapy, radiotherapy.
The most common symptoms of vaginal epithelial disorders, including vaginal
atrophy, there are: dryness, burning, itching, discomfort and pain during intercourse
Molvagyn pessaries dissolve after they are inserted into the vagina and form a film that covers the mucous membrane, which helps to restore the natural state of the vaginal epithelium. Sodium hyaluronate protects and moisturizes the vaginal mucosa, promotes tissue healing and regeneration. Lactic acid helps maintain the natural pH level of the mucous membrane (pH ≤ 4.5) to reduce the risk of infection. Glycogen creates a protective barrier and is a source of nutrients for lactic acid bacteria,
which form a healthy vaginal microflora, protecting the vagina from infections and helping to maintain the natural pH level.
Indications for the use of Molvagyn pessaries:
Relieve dryness and discomfort (feeling of tension, itching, burning)
intimate areas caused by:
- estrogen deficiency (during perimenopause, etc.);
- atrophy of the vaginal mucosa;
- increased stress.
Contribute to the process of regeneration of the vaginal mucosa:
- during menopause, in case of atrophy of the vaginal epithelium;
- in vaginal epithelial dystrophy caused, for example, by the use of hormonal drugs (including gonadotropin antagonists GnRH, glucocorticosteroids);
- after chemotherapy, radiotherapy;
- after gynecological procedures (eg, colposcopy, electrocoagulation, cryoablation and
surgery, such as episiotomy);
- in the postpartum period.
Relieve pain in case of pain during intercourse (dyspareunia).
Reduce discomfort with swelling, redness and itching in the vulva, as well as
excessive vaginal discharge.
Help maintain the natural microflora and pH level of the mucous membrane,
for example, after treatment with antibiotics.
Method of application and dosage
- Basic therapy: 1 pessary in the evening before bedtime for 7 consecutive days or as recommended by your doctor.
- Maintenance therapy: 1 pessary in the evening before bedtime every 2-3 days until health improves or according to doctor’s recommendations.
If maintenance therapy is followed by baseline therapy, the total duration of therapy should not exceed 30 days. Then treatment should be suspended for 7 days.
Do not use two doses at the same time and at short intervals.
The order of application
1. Wash your hands thoroughly.
2. If the pessary is very soft due to high temperatures, place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes before removing it from the foil.
3. Tear off one pessary from the blister, slowly separate the two layers covering it, remove them and carefully remove the pessary.
4. Carefully place the pessary deep into the vagina. To facilitate the introduction of pessaries can be moistened in warm boiled water.
- do not use the drug if you are hypersensitive to any ingredient of the drug;
- in case of vaginal infections it is recommended to consult a doctor;
- due to insufficient research, pregnant or breastfeeding women can use the drug only under medical supervision;
- not to use together with other vaginal drugs;
- if the drug is used together with topical analgesics, it may lead to prolongation of anesthesia, because the drug contains sodium hyaluronate;
- do not use during menstruation;
- not to have sexual intercourse immediately after the introduction of the pessary;
- do not use with condoms or vaginal contraceptives made of latex, as the drug contains modified fats;
- do not use after the expiration date indicated on the package;
- do not use if the blister is damaged;
- do not swallow;
- keep away from light and out of reach of children.
If any side effects are found after the introduction of the pessary (increased itching, burning, rash, etc.), you should stop therapy and consult a doctor.
Wear hygienic protective equipment to avoid soiling.
Each pessary can be used only once. Repeated use of the same pessary can lead to a risk of vaginal infection.
Conditions of disturbance
Store in a tightly closed container at room temperature (15-25 ˚C), in a dry place
place. Keep away from light and high temperatures.