Treatment of conditions that are accompanied by spasm of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and flatulence, as well as associated abdominal pain. Treatment of spastic conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, including colitis, intestinal colic, irritable bowel syndrome, spastic constipation. As an additional treatment of organic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in colitis, diverticulitis, enteritis, gastritis, peptic ulcer.
active substances: simethicone, dicycloverine hydrochloride;
1 film-coated tablet contains simethicone 40 mg, dicycloverine hydrochloride 20 mg;
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, sodium starch glycolate (type A), colloidal anhydrous silica, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, Wincoat WT-1001 (polyethylene glycol diox 400, polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene glycol 400,).
Dicycloverine hydrochloride has an antispasmodic effect (relieves smooth muscle spasm in the gastrointestinal tract, abdominal pain associated with this spasm or stretching of the gastrointestinal wall) and antisecretory effect on the excretory glands.
Simethicone is a surfactant, defoamer. The mechanism of action is based on reducing the surface tension of gas bubbles, which promotes the free excretion of gases from the gastrointestinal tract or their absorption by the intestinal wall. Simethicone improves the quality of radiographs and sonograms, provides a better distribution of contrast agents on the intestinal mucosa.
Treatment of conditions accompanied by spasm of the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and flatulence, as well as associated abdominal pain. Treatment of spastic conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, including colitis, intestinal colic, irritable bowel syndrome, spastic constipation. As an additional treatment of organic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in colitis, diverticulitis, enteritis, gastritis, peptic ulcers.
Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Paralytic intestinal obstruction, obstructive diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, stenosis of the pyloric part of the gastrointestinal tract with obstruction, severe ulcerative colitis or toxic megacolon, reflux esophagitis, unstable cardiovascular status in acute bleeding. Renal failure, obstructive kidney disease. Prostate adenoma with difficulty urinating, glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, thyrotoxicosis, heart failure.
Do not use in children under 12 years of age.
Use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
The safety of treatment with dicycloverine and simethicone during pregnancy has not been established, so the drug should not be used during pregnancy.
Because dicycloverine hydrochloride passes into breast milk, the drug should not be used during breastfeeding.
Method of application and dosage
Adults and children older than 12 years: 1 tablet up to 4 times a day.
The maximum daily dose is 4 tablets.
Movespazm is recommended to be taken before or after a meal. It is not recommended to take the drug for more than 5 days.
Overdose Movespazm is characterized by two phases: first there is excitation of the central nervous system, which is manifested by anxiety, the appearance of illusions, hallucinations, persistent mydriasis, tachycardia, hypertension. Then there is a depression of the central nervous system until a comatose state.
Symptoms: headache, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain, loss of appetite, pale skin, increased intraocular pressure, dizziness, blurred vision, dilated pupils, hot and dry skin, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, central nervous system agitation, tachycardia , change in respiratory rate.
Curare-like effects (neuromuscular blockade, muscle weakness and paralysis) may occur.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy. In the first hours it is shown to cause vomiting, to carry out gastric lavage, to apply adsorbents.
Diazepam (0.5% solution, 2 ml) is used to relieve psychomotor agitation.
The following side effects apply to the group of anticholinergic drugs, not all of which were observed with dicycloverine hydrochloride.
- From the digestive tract: dry mouth, loss of taste, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating, abdominal pain, constipation.
- From the central nervous system: ringing in the ears, headache, drowsiness, weakness, nervousness, psychosis, numbness, dizziness, coma, loss or confusion and / or agitation (especially in elderly patients), dyskinesia, insomnia, disorientation, short-term memory loss, hallucinations, dysarthria, ataxia, euphoria, inadequate emotional reactions (symptoms decrease in 12-24 hours after dose reduction).
- From the eyes: blurred vision, diplopia, dilated pupils, accommodation paralysis, increased intraocular pressure (short-term atropine-like effects that disappear after discontinuation of dicycloverine).
- Skin / allergic reactions: hypersensitivity reactions, including allergic dermatitis, pruritus, rash, urticaria, erythema, drug idiosyncrasy, angioneurotic edema, anaphylactic shock.
- From the genitourinary system: difficulty urinating, urinary retention.
- From the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, a feeling of increased heart rate.
- From the respiratory system: dyspnea, apnea, nasal congestion.
- Other effects: decreased sweating, sneezing, swelling of the mucous membrane of the throat, inhibition of lactation.
Keep Movespazm out of reach of children in the original package at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.