Movixicam ODT is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of pain syndrome: with arthrosis; with ankylosing spondylitis; with osteoarthritis; with degenerative changes in the joints; with rheumatoid arthritis.
Movixicam ODT composition and form of release
Active ingredient: meloxicam.
Available in tablet form (15 mg).
It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID), antirheumatic drug. It has antiphlogistic (anti-inflammatory), analgesic (analgesic), antipyretic (antipyretic) effects.
Movixicam ODT is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of pain syndrome:
- with arthrosis;
- with ankylosing spondylitis;
- with osteoarthritis;
- with degenerative changes in the joints;
- with rheumatoid arthritis.
- with intolerance to the components of the drug (meloxicam, excipients);
- if you are allergic to other NSAIDs;
- with the appearance in the past of symptoms of bronchial asthma, nasal polyps, angioedema, urticaria after taking NSAIDs, acetylsalicylic acid;
- during pregnancy (in the third trimester);
- with gastrointestinal bleeding, perforation associated with NSAID therapy in the past;
- with active or recurrent ulcer or bleeding (two or more confirmed cases) in the past;
- with severe liver failure;
- with severe renal failure (without dialysis);
- with gastrointestinal bleeding, cerebrovascular bleeding in the past;
- in violation of blood clotting;
- with disorders of hemostasis, the simultaneous use of anticoagulants;
- with severe heart failure;
- for the treatment of perioperative pain in coronary artery bypass grafting;
- with an active form of Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
Movixicam ODT, tablets of 7.5 mg or 15 mg, is not prescribed to children under 16 years.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is forbidden to use the drug during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Movixicam ODT tablets are taken with meals.
The standard dose is 7.5 mg / day. If necessary, the dose can be increased to 15 mg / day.
The maximum dose for an adult is 15 mg / day, for a child over 12 years old – 0.25 mg / kg / day.
The duration of therapy is set individually.
Overdose symptoms: drowsiness, nausea, abdominal pain, lethargy, vomiting, bleeding from the digestive tract, arterial hypertension, acute renal failure, liver dysfunction, coma, cardiac arrest.
Overdose treatment includes drug withdrawal, gastric lavage, symptomatic treatment.
- Changes in laboratory parameters: anemia, change in the number of leukocytes, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, increased levels of transaminases, bilirubin, increased levels of creatinine / urea.
- Immune disorders: allergies (including anaphylactic shock).
- Mental disorders: mood changes, confusion, nightmares, disorientation, insomnia.
- Neurological disorders: dizziness, drowsiness, headache.
- Ophthalmic disorders: conjunctivitis, blurred vision.
- Otolaryngological disorders: ringing in the ears.
- Cardiac disorders: palpitations, heart failure.
- Vascular disorders: arterial hypertension, hot flashes.
- Respiratory disorders: asthma attacks, coughs, respiratory tract infections.
- Digestive disorders: abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, latent or overt gastrointestinal bleeding, esophagitis, gastroduodenal ulcer, stomatitis, belching, constipation, flatulence, perforation, colitis, gastritis, peptic ulcer.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: hepatitis, liver failure, jaundice.
- Skin changes: itching, angioedema, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria, epidermal necrolysis, bullous dermatitis, photosensitivity, erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis.
- Urinary disorders: hyperkalemia, sodium and water retention, acute renal failure, urinary tract infections, acute urinary retention.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: back pain, arthralgia.
- General disorders: edema, flu-like symptoms.
Storage conditions and periods
Movixicam ODT does not require special storage conditions. Shelf life is 2 years.