Movixicam is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of pain syndrome: with arthrosis; with ankylosing spondylitis; with osteoarthritis; with degenerative changes in the joints; with rheumatoid arthritis.
Movixicam composition and form of release
Active ingredient: meloxicam.
Movixicam is produced in the form of a solution for injection (15 mg / ampoule).
It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID), antirheumatic drug. It has antiphlogistic (anti-inflammatory), analgesic (analgesic), antipyretic (antipyretic) effects.
Movixicam is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of pain syndrome:
- with arthrosis;
- with ankylosing spondylitis;
- with osteoarthritis;
- with degenerative changes in the joints;
- with rheumatoid arthritis.
- with intolerance to the components of the drug (meloxicam, excipients);
- if you are allergic to other NSAIDs;
- with the appearance in the past of symptoms of bronchial asthma, nasal polyps, angioedema, urticaria after taking NSAIDs, acetylsalicylic acid;
- with gastrointestinal, rectal bleeding, perforation associated with NSAID therapy in the past;
- with active or recurrent ulcer or bleeding (two or more confirmed cases) in the past;
- with severe liver failure;
- with severe renal failure (without dialysis);
- with gastrointestinal bleeding, cerebrovascular bleeding in the past;
- in violation of blood clotting;
- with disorders of hemostasis, the simultaneous use of anticoagulants;
- with severe heart failure;
- for the treatment of perioperative pain in coronary artery bypass grafting;
- with an active form of Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
It is not used in pediatric practice.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is forbidden to use Movixicam during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Movixicam solution is administered intramuscularly.
The standard dose is 15 mg / day.
The duration of therapy is set individually.
Overdose symptoms: drowsiness, nausea, abdominal pain, lethargy, vomiting, bleeding from the digestive tract, arterial hypertension, acute renal failure, liver dysfunction, coma, cardiac arrest.
Treatment for overdose involves the withdrawal of the drug, symptomatic treatment.
- Changes in laboratory parameters: anemia, change in the number of leukocytes, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, increased levels of transaminases, bilirubin, increased levels of creatinine / urea.
- Immune disorders: allergies (including anaphylactic shock).
- Mental disorders: mood changes, confusion, nightmares, disorientation, insomnia.
- Neurological disorders: dizziness, drowsiness, headache.
- Ophthalmic disorders: conjunctivitis, blurred vision.
- Otolaryngological disorders: ringing in the ears.
- Cardiac disorders: palpitations, heart failure.
- Vascular disorders: arterial hypertension, hot flashes.
- Respiratory disorders: asthma attacks, coughs, respiratory tract infections.
- Digestive disorders: abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, latent or overt gastrointestinal bleeding, esophagitis, gastroduodenal ulcer, stomatitis, belching, constipation, flatulence, perforation, colitis, gastritis, peptic ulcer.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: hepatitis, liver failure, jaundice.
- Skin changes: itching, angioedema, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria, epidermal necrolysis, bullous dermatitis, photosensitivity, erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis.
- Urinary disorders: hyperkalemia, sodium and water retention, acute renal failure, urinary tract infections, acute urinary retention.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: back pain, arthralgia.
- General disorders: edema, flu-like symptoms.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Movixicam at 15–25 ° C for no more than 5 years.