Naclofen DUO is prescribed to treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation if the patient is diagnosed with: rheumatoid arthritis; ankylosing spondylitis; osteoarthritis; spondyloarthritis; pain syndrome of various localization; extra-articular rheumatism; swelling with pain syndrome; post-traumatic inflammatory processes.
Naclofen DUO composition
The main active ingredient of the drug is sodium diclofenac.
Auxiliary substances are spherical sugar, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, heavy magnesium carbonate, triethyl citrate, talc, titanium dioxide, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, macrogol 6000, sodium hydroxide, gelatin, etc.
It is produced in the form of modified-release capsules, in a dosage of 75 mg of diclofenac in 1 capsule (25 mg – in enteric form, 50 mg – in a form with prolonged action).
Diclofenac sodium-based non-steroidal drug. The main active ingredient of this drug has a pronounced analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect.
The mechanism of action is due to the ability to inhibit the biosynthesis of prostaglandins. The latter play an important role in the genesis of inflammation, pain and fever.
In recommended doses, diclofenac does not inhibit the biosynthesis of proteoglycans in cartilage tissue.
Naclofen DUO is prescribed to treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation if the patient is diagnosed with:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- pain syndrome of various localization;
- extra-articular rheumatism;
- swelling with pain syndrome;
- post-traumatic inflammatory processes.
Diclofenac sodium has the property of reducing blood coagulation and potentiates, that is, enhances the effect of anticoagulants.
The use of this drug for the above diseases reduces pathological changes in tissues in the area of inflammation, while pain sensations decrease, morning stiffness of the joints and their swelling disappear, and the functional state of the musculoskeletal system increases.
Taking diclofenac sodium reduces the need for opioids in patients with severe pain.
A stable effect develops after 1-2 weeks after starting the drug intake.
It is contraindicated to take this drug if the patient is allergic to diclofenac, or other ingredients that make up it, as well as in cases where acetylsalicylic acid or other nonsteroidal drugs cause attacks of asthma, urticaria or acute rhinitis.
Do not accept if available:
- a stomach or intestinal ulcer;
- gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation;
- rectal bleeding;
- other active bleeding;
- dysfunction of the heart, liver, kidneys;
- disorders of hematopoiesis of unknown origin.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Use with great caution during pregnancy. In the third trimester, this drug is contraindicated.
You should stop breastfeeding while taking this drug.
Method of administration and dosage
Taking Naclofen DUO starts with a daily dosage of 75-100 mg, depending on the severity of the disease:
- if the symptoms are minor or long-term therapy is needed, 75 mg per day is enough;
- if you need to relieve night pain or morning stiffness of movements, you need to take the drug before bedtime.
The maximum daily dose is 150 mg. Take without chewing, drinking plenty of water.
Elderly patients and those suffering from mild or moderate liver and / or kidney dysfunction do not need dosage adjustment.
In case of an overdose of diclofenac sodium, the body does not react with any specific symptoms. The most common signs of poisoning are:
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- diarrhea (diarrhea);
- drop in blood pressure.
Acute renal failure, liver dysfunction can be observed with a severe degree of poisoning.
Treatment is symptomatic (gastric lavage, sorbent intake). Hemodialysis or forced diuresis is ineffective.
Taking this drug can cause side effects in the form of:
- pain in the epigastrium;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps;
- dyspepsia, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- ulcers of the stomach and intestines;
- glossitis, stomatitis, lesions of the esophageal mucosa;
- intestinal adhesions;
- constipation, pancreatitis;
- headaches, drowsiness, anxiety, nightmares, hair loss;
- skin rashes, urticaria, eczema, erythema multiforme;
- edema, renal failure, hematuria, nephrotic syndrome, papillary necrosis;
- hepatitis, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia;
- tachycardia, chest pain, lowering blood pressure.
Storage conditions and periods
Naclofen DUO is stored for up to 3 years at temperatures up to 30 ° C.