Pain and inflammatory syndrome in diseases of the musculoskeletal system: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis; post-traumatic pain.
The main active substances: 1 tab. contains 600 mg of amtolmethine guacil.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol.
Available in film-coated tablets.
Naizilat belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The active component of the drug exhibits an active anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect. This activity is due to the suppression of synthetic processes of prostaglandins by non-selective inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes. However, unlike other NSAIDs, the drug has gastroprotective, antisecretory and antioxidant activity.
These protective effects are due to two ways. Due to the structural features of amtolmetin guacylate, the concentration of antioxidant enzymes in the gastric membrane – superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione – increases. This decreases the concentration of superoxide anions, peroxynitrite or peroxychloride, malondialdehyde.
Amtolmetina guacil increases the level of gastric nitric oxide synthase.
It is known that nitric oxide plays an important role in the protective mechanisms in the gastroduodenal segment, which is extremely important in suppressing the synthesis of prostaglandins. By acting on the peripheral capsaicin receptors of amtolmetin, guacil is able to provide a local anesthetic effect.
Naizilat is used to relieve pain and treat inflammation in the following diseases:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- post-traumatic pain.
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or one of the auxiliary components.
Use is contraindicated in:
- hypersensitivity to amtolmetin, tolmetin;
- complete or incomplete combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent polyposis of the nose or paranasal sinuses and intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (including a history);
- erosive and ulcerative changes in the mucous membranes of the stomach and duodenum,
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
The drug is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not recommended for pregnant women – only under strict indications determined by the attending physician.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
Naizilat is recommended to take 1 tablet 1-2 times a day.
The dose is determined by the intensity of the pain and the course of the disease.
The recommended doses should not be exceeded.
The therapeutic course depends on the effect of the drug and the course of the disease.
In case of an overdose, the following symptoms may occur:
- abdominal pain;
- erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- impaired renal function;
- metabolic acidosis.
There is no specific antidote. In case of an overdose, the stomach should be flushed, an adsorbent (activated carbon) should be injected and symptomatic therapy should be carried out.
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
Allergy may occur in case of individual intolerance. In particular, it can be observed:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, flatulence, anorexia;
- gastritis, gastrointestinal bleeding, vomiting of blood, hemorrhagic diarrhea, melena, stomach or intestinal ulcer, colitis, constipation, stomatitis, glossitis, pancreatitis;
- thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis;
- hypersensitivity reactions;
- increased sweating, lymphadenopathy;
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness;
- tinnitus, visual impairment, hearing impairment;
- palpitations, chest pain, heart failure;
- asthma, bronchospasm, rhinitis;
- eczema, erythema, dermatitis, alopecia, photosensitivity, purpura, pruritus;
- acute renal failure, hematuria, proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, urinary tract infections.
If side effects appear, you should interrupt treatment and contact your doctor for help and changes in the treatment process.
Storage conditions and periods
Expiration date – up to 2 years from the production date indicated on the package. Storage periods should not be exceeded.
The storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.