Pain syndrome of strong and medium intensity. Used as an additional tool during anesthesia, to reduce pain in the pre-and postoperative period, for pain relief during childbirth.
Nalbuk composition active substance: nalbuphine;
1 ml of solution contains nalbuphine hydrochloride 10 mg;
Excipients: sodium citrate, anhydrous citric acid, sodium chloride, water for injections.
Nalbuk is produced in the form of a solution for injection (10 mg / ml).
It is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever). It affects the higher parts of the brain, disrupting the transmission of pain impulses between neurons at different levels of the central nervous system. It also has a sedative (calming) effect, causes miosis (constriction of the pupils), inhibits conditioned reflexes, and stimulates the vomiting center.
Nalbuk is prescribed for moderate to severe pain syndrome (4-10 points on the VAS – visual analogue scale).
Can be used as an adjunct for anesthesia.
It is also prescribed for pain relief in the pre- / postoperative period, as well as for pain relief during childbirth.
- with hypersensitivity to it (allergies);
- children under eighteen years of age;
- in case of respiratory depression;
- with severe depression of the brain;
- with a head injury;
- with alcoholic intoxication;
- with alcoholic psychosis;
- with increased intracranial pressure;
- with renal / hepatic failure;
- in acute surgical pathologies of the abdominal organs (without performing an appropriate preliminary diagnosis), since it is able to mask their manifestations.
Nalbufine is prescribed with caution to the elderly, as well as to patients with exhaustion.
It is not used in pediatric practice.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Nalbuphine should not be used during pregnancy (except for pain relief during labor) or breastfeeding.
Method of administration and dosage
Nalbuk is indicated for intravenous and intramuscular administration.
The dose should be calculated according to the intensity of pain, the patient’s physical condition and take into account the interaction with other concomitant drugs. Usually, 0.15 to 0.3 mg / kg body weight of the patient is administered intravenously or intramuscularly for pain syndrome; a single dose of the drug is administered if necessary every 4-6 hours.
The maximum single dose for adults is 0.3 mg / kg body weight; the maximum daily dose is 2.4 mg / kg body weight.
- In myocardial infarction, 20 mg of the drug, which is slowly injected into a vein, is often sufficient, but it may be necessary to increase the dose to 30 mg. In the absence of a clear positive dynamics of pain – 20 mg again, after 30 minutes.
- When using Nalbuphine as an adjunct to anesthesia, higher doses are required than for analgesia.
- For premedication: 100-200 μg / kg body weight. When intravenous anesthesia performing: for anesthesia – 0.3-1 mg / kg for a period of 10-15 minutes, to maintain anesthesia – 250-500 μg / kg slowly intravenously every 30 minutes.
- For analgesia during childbirth, the drug should be used in a dose of 20 mg intramuscularly.
With caution, prescribe the drug to elderly patients, with general exhaustion, insufficient respiratory function. In this case, use should be started with the least effective doses due to the more frequent occurrence of adverse reactions.
In case of overdose, naloxone should be administered intravenously (it is its specific antidote). If necessary, drugs that increase blood pressure are used, oxygen is supplied to the patient, detoxification, symptomatic therapy is carried out.
Most often, patients experienced sedation. In addition, against the background of the use of this medication, the appearance of abdominal cramps, drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, headache, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), depression, dysphoria, hot flashes, confusion, dry mouth, visual disturbances, vomiting, bradycardia / tachycardia , neurotic reactions, speech disorders, urticaria, as well as mood changes, increase / decrease in blood pressure. Local reactions are possible: local edema, soreness, a feeling of warmth or burning, hyperemia (redness).
Storage conditions and periods
Store no more than 2 years at a temperature not exceeding +30 ° С.