It is anti-inflammatory. It also has analgesic and antipyretic effects.
Naproff composition and form of release
Active ingredient: sodium naproxen.
Available in tablet form (550 mg).
It is anti-inflammatory. It also has analgesic and antipyretic effects. Acts by inhibiting COX, blocking prostaglandin synthesis. In addition, it inhibits the process of platelet aggregation.
Shown by Naproff:
- with rheumatism;
- with rheumatoid arthritis;
- with juvenile arthritis;
- with ankylosing spondylitis;
- with osteoarthritis;
- with gout;
- with pain syndrome of various causes (especially due to inflammation), incl. with post-traumatic, postoperative pain syndrome, headache, toothache, dysmenorrhea.
- with allergies to naproxen, intolerance to excipients;
- with the development of urticaria, bronchospasm, rhinitis, nasal polyposis while taking aspirin, other NSAIDs in the past;
- with active peptic ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- with severe dysfunction of the liver, heart;
- during pregnancy, breastfeeding.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
During breastfeeding, pregnancy, Naproff is not used.
Method of administration and dosage
It is used orally with food or immediately after a meal.
The least effective dose should be used for a short period.
The pill is taken whole.
For rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, a dose of 500 mg – 1000 mg per day in two divided doses is recommended (with a 12-hour interval).
In acute diseases of the musculoskeletal system, dysmenorrhea, 500 mg is recommended as a starting dose, then (if necessary) – 250 mg at 6-8 intervals.
The maximum daily dose is 1250 mg.
Symptoms: headache, vomiting, heartburn, epigastric pain, bleeding, dizziness, disorientation, diarrhea, agitation, drowsiness, tinnitus, loss of consciousness, liver failure, respiratory depression, coma, hypothrombinemia, convulsions.
Relief measures include stopping treatment, taking sorbents, gastric lavage, forced diuresis, symptomatic therapy.
- Blood changes: hemolysis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia.
- Neurological disorders: aseptic meningitis, convulsions, headache, paresthesia, dizziness, drowsiness, worsening of Parkinson’s disease, retrobulbar optic neuritis.
- Immune disorders: hypersensitivity reactions (including fever, anaphylactic reaction / shock, angioedema).
- Metabolic disorders: hypokalemia.
- Mental disorders: confusion, depression, cognitive dysfunction, hallucinations
- Ophthalmic disorders: corneal opacity, papillitis, papillary edema of the optic nerve, visual impairment.
- Otolaryngological disorders: hearing impairment, tinnitus, vertigo.
- Cardiovascular disorders: insufficiency of heart function, edema, palpitations, congestion, vasculitis, hypertension.
- Respiratory disorders: bronchospasm, asthma, eosinophilic pneumonia, shortness of breath, pulmonary edema.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, abdominal pain, diarrhea / constipation, nausea, perforation, bleeding, dry mouth, ulcerative stomatitis, pancreatitis, heartburn, gastric / intestinal ulceration, thirst, flatulence, exacerbation of ulcerative colitis / Crohn’s disease, esophagitis, gastritis , hepatitis, jaundice,
- Dermatological disorders: rashes, urticaria, pruritus, purpura, rash, pseudoporphyria, erythema multiforme, alopecia, toxic epidermal necrolysis, photosensitivity, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, ecchymosis, sweating, pustulosis, erythema nodosum, lupus erythematosus, lichen planus.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myasthenia gravis, myalgia.
- Genitourinary disorders: glomerular / interstitial nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, renal failure, female infertility.
- General disorders: malaise, fatigue, sweating, hyperthermia.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15 – 25 ° C. The shelf life of Naproff is three years.