Acute respiratory diseases accompanied by nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis. Vasomotor rhinitis. To restore drainage and nasal breathing in diseases of the paranasal sinuses of the nasal cavity, Eustachian. To eliminate edema before diagnostic manipulations in the nasal passages.
active substance: oxymetazoline;
1 ml of solution contains oxymetazoline hydrochloride 0.5 mg;
excipients: citric acid, monohydrate; sodium citrate; glycerin (85%); benzalkonium chloride solution 50%; purified water.
Nasal drops .
This drug belongs to the group of local vasoconstrictors. Oxymetazoline has a sympathomimetic and vasoconstrictive effect, eliminating swelling of the nasal mucosa. Narrows blood vessels at the application site, reduces swelling of the nasal mucosa and upper respiratory tract, reduces nasal discharge. Restores nasal breathing. Elimination of swelling of the nasal mucosa helps to restore aeration of the paranasal sinuses, the middle ear cavity, which prevents the development of bacterial complications.
Oxymetazoline has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antioxidant effects. Due to this combined mechanism of action during clinical trials, a faster and more effective elimination of symptoms of acute rhinitis (nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, sneezing, malaise) has been proven.
When applied topically to the nose in therapeutic concentrations does not irritate the nasal mucosa, does not cause redness. The half-life is about 35 hours after drug administration. 2.1% of the drug is excreted by the kidneys, about 1.1% – in the feces.
The duration of action of the drug is up to 12 hours.
- acute rhinitis;
- allergic rhinitis;
- attacks of non-infectious vasomotor rhinitis;
- to restore drainage and nasal breathing in diseases of the paranasal sinuses, eustachitis associated with rhinitis;
- to eliminate edema before diagnostic manipulations in the nasal passages.
- hypersensitivity to oxymetazoline or any other component of the drug;
- atrophic rhinitis;
- not to use after transphenoidal hypophysectomy or other surgical interventions with exposure of the meninges;
- when using monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) and for 2 weeks after stopping treatment with MAOIs, and when using other drugs that help increase blood pressure;
- increased intraocular pressure, especially in angle-closure glaucoma;
- severe cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary heart disease) and hypertension;
- metabolic disorders (eg, hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus);
- prostatic hyperplasia;
Nazivin 0.025% should be used for children aged 1 to 6 years, Nazivin 0.05% – for children aged 6 years.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
This drug is not used in any of the trimesters of pregnancy.
Method of application and dosage
Nasal spray intended for use in the nose.
- Children aged 1 year to 6 years – 1 injection of the drug Nazivin 0.025% in each nasal passage 2-3 times a day. A single dose should not be used more than 3 times a day and longer than 7 days. Doses not higher than recommended should not be used.
- Adults and children over 6 years of age – 1 injection of the drug Nazivin 0.05% in each nasal passage 2-3 times a day. A single dose should not be used more than 3 times a day and longer than 7 days. Doses not higher than recommended should not be used.
The spray mechanism is triggered by pressing on the dosing device. Before using the spray for the first time, remove the protective cap and periodically press on the dosing device to ensure a stable spray. Keep the vial under the nasal passage and inject 1 time. Then clean the dosing device and put on the protective cap.
Usually the drug is well tolerated by patients. However, with excessively prolonged or excessively frequent injection of Nazivin, there may be a flush of blood to the face, sneezing, dryness of the nasal mucosa, and the development of reactive hyperemia (a feeling of severe nasal congestion). With constant use of vasoconstrictor nasal sprays, including Nazivin, tachyphylaxis or rhinitis medicamentosa may develop.
You may also experience tachycardia, increased blood pressure, heart pain, rash, itching, Quincke’s edema. The nervous system can react with anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, headache.
Storage conditions and periods
Nazivin can be stored for 3 years at temperatures up to + 30 ° C.