Nazofan is prescribed to treat symptoms: allergic rhinitis, both year-round and seasonal, including hay fever; with sensations of pressure and pain in the sinuses in patients with allergic rhinitis.
Main active ingredient: fluticasone propionate.
Excipients: glucose, dispersed cellulose, phenylethyl alcohol, benzalkonium chloride solution, polysorbate, purified water.
One dose contains 50 mcg of fluticasone propionate.
The drug is produced in the form of a nasal solution, in vials that contain 120 doses of the drug.
Nazofan belongs to pharmaceutical decongestants that are applied topically as a nasal spray.
This drug belongs to the group of corticosteroid drugs, with fluticasone propionate as the active ingredient.
Fluticasone is a glucocorticosteroid (GCS) used for topical treatment.
If fluticasone propionate is injected by inhalation, the drug goes directly into the respiratory tract (sinuses, other upper respiratory tract).
In this case, a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect is produced, as a result of which the activity of painful symptoms decreases, the frequency of exacerbations of diseases in which obstruction of the lower respiratory organs occurs.
It does not significantly affect the functioning of the kidneys and adrenal glands, as well as the hypothalamic-pituitary function of the body.
Nazofan is prescribed to treat symptoms:
- allergic rhinitis, both year-round and seasonal, including hay fever;
- with sensations of pressure and pain in the sinuses in patients with allergic rhinitis.
This drug is not used if the patient is allergic to one of its constituent substances, including auxiliary substances.
For the treatment of children can be used from 4 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug can be used to treat pregnant women only if their life is at risk and with careful weighing of the benefit / harm ratio by the attending physician.
Lactation is suspended for the duration of treatment with this drug.
Method of administration and dosage
Nazofan is used on a regular basis, injecting the drug once twice a day (children from 4 to 12 years old – once a day). In severe cases, it is permissible to do 2 injections. However, the dose and duration of treatment can be adjusted by the attending physician.
The average recommended dosage is 1 injection of the drug dose into each sinus, twice a day.
The introduction of the drug is carried out by injection into the nasal sinuses using a vial with a tip. To use the drug correctly, you need:
- shake the bottle with the medicinal solution several times;
- remove the protective cap from the bottle;
- if this spray bottle is used for the first time, you need to activate it, for which you need to press and release the dispenser 6 times until fine splashes appear;
- if the spray has not been used for seven days, then the activation procedure should be repeated;
- cleanse the sinuses, if possible;
- tilt your head down;
- insert the nebulizer into the nasal passage, closing the second, press the spray and inhale the drug;
- repeat with the second nasal passage.
At the end of the procedure, wipe the tip of the bottle.
The maximum therapeutic effect occurs in 3-4 days.
Overdose with this drug is unlikely. Prolonged excessive administration of the drug can theoretically cause disruption of the adrenal glands, which is reversible.
Recommended gastric lavage, intake of sorbents.
The antidote is unknown.
The drug can cause side reactions in the form of:
- oral candidiasis, pneumonia, bronchitis;
- allergic reactions – angioedema, rash, shortness of breath, anaphylactic shock;
- oppression of the adrenal glands, decrease in bone mineralization, growth retardation in children;
- hypokalemia, hyperglycemia;
- nausea, dyspeptic symptoms;
- nervousness, insomnia;
- headache, tremors of the limbs;
- cataracts, glaucoma;
- tachycardia, arrhythmias;
- muscle spasms, arthralgia, myalgia, limb fractures.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life is 3 years. After the first opening of the bottle, the shelf life is reduced to 3 months.
Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.