Symptomatic treatment of colds, flu, allergic diseases (hay fever), accompanied by acute rhinitis, sinusitis, other sinusitis (frontitis, etmoiditis), acute otitis media.
Nazol Kids composition
Main active ingredients: 1 ml of the drug contains 2.5 mg of phenylephrine hydrochloride (0.25%).
Auxiliary components: eucalyptol, glycerin, benzalkonium chloride, polyethylene glycol 1500, sodium phosphate dihydrate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium edetate dihydrate, purified water.
Nazol Kids belongs to a group of topical decongestants and other nasal medications. Belongs to the class of sympathomimetics.
Local vascular narrowing in the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx and sinus appendages occurs after 3-5 minutes. after injection of the drug into the nasal cavity. The decongestant effect lasts up to 6 hours.
The active ingredient of the drug is an active synthetic adrenergic agonist. It stimulates α-adrenergic receptors in the vessels, exhibiting a clear vasoconstrictor effect.
This activity is expressed in suppressing blood flow and reducing edema on the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx, the appendages of the sinuses and the Eustachian tube.
Thus, the drug helps to restore nasal breathing, which is disturbed in acute viral, respiratory diseases, as well as in allergic reactions.
Nazol Kids is used to treat the following conditions:
- acute rhinitis;
- sinusitis due to colds, flu, allergic diseases;
- acute otitis media (as concomitant therapy).
The drug in question is contraindicated for use in cases where the patient has severe hypersensitivity (allergy) to the main or one of the auxiliary components.
Use is contraindicated in:
- severe forms of arterial hypertension;
- tachysystolic heart rhythm disturbances;
- acute cardiovascular diseases;
- renal failure;
- acute pancreatitis;
- simultaneous use with MAO inhibitors and within 15 days after stopping treatment with MAO inhibitors.
In pediatrics, the drug is used in children over the age of 2 years.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
This drug is not recommended for pregnant women – only under strict indications determined by the attending physician.
If it is necessary to take the drug during breastfeeding, lactation is suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
At the age of 2 to 6 years, children are prescribed 1-2 doses of a spray in each nasal passage no more often than after 6 hours.
At the age of 6 to 12 years – 2-3 doses of spray in each nasal passage no more than 4 hours later.
When injecting the drug, the bottle should be held vertically.
The duration of therapy, as a rule, should be no more than 3 days.
Children between 2 and 12 years old should use Nazol Kids under strict adult supervision.
In case of an overdose, the following symptoms may occur:
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- increased blood pressure;
- arterial hypotension;
- pain and discomfort in the region of the heart, palpitations, shortness of breath;
- noncardiogenic pulmonary edema;
- agitation, convulsions, insomnia, weakness;
- anorexia, nausea, vomiting;
- oliguria, urinary retention, painful or difficult urination;
- redness of the face, feeling of coldness in the limbs, paresthesia, pallor of the skin;
- pyeloerection, increased sweating;
- hyperglycemia, hypokalemia;
- narrowing of peripheral vessels and vessels of internal organs.
The drug is usually well tolerated when used in the recommended doses.
Allergy may occur in case of individual intolerance. In particular, it can be observed:
- irritation at the site of application, sneezing, burning, tingling in the nose;
- flushing of the face, heart rhythm disturbances, bradycardia, increased blood pressure;
- dizziness, fear, headache;
- allergic reactions, including cross-reactions with allergies to other sympathomimetics, manifested in the form of rashes, itching, urticaria, angioedema (hands, face or throat), a feeling of heaviness in the chest, shortness of breath.
If side effects appear, you should interrupt treatment and contact your doctor for help and changes in the treatment process.
Storage conditions and periods
Expiration date – up to 2 years from the production date indicated on the package. Storage periods should not be exceeded. After opening the bottle, store for no more than 1 year.
The storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.