Nebilet is used in the treatment of patients suffering from disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system, such as: coronary heart disease; arterial hypertension; chronic heart failure.
Nebilet composition and form of release
Active ingredient: nebivolol hydrochloride (5 mg).
Available in tablet form.
This is a combination medicine used for heart disease. Is a selective (selective) blocker of beta-adrenergic receptors. The drug has a membrane stabilizing effect, has an internal sympathomimetic activity. Nebivolol reduces the activity of renin, reduces the heart rate during exercise and at rest, and reduces the oxygen demand of the heart muscle. It also has antianginal, antiarrhythmic, antihypertensive effects. By blocking beta1-adrenergic receptors of the heart, it reduces the formation of cAMP from adenosine triphosphate, reduces the current of calcium ions inside cells, has a negative chronotropic, dromotropic, batmotropic, inotropic effect. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic.
Nebilet is used in the treatment of patients suffering from disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system, such as:
- coronary heart disease;
- arterial hypertension;
- chronic heart failure.
- if you are allergic to nebivolol hydrochloride, other beta-blockers;
- with intolerance to the auxiliary components of the drug;
- with AV blockade II – III st. (without using an artificial pacemaker);
- in case of shock (including cardiogenic shock);
- with sinoatrial blockade;
- with chronic insufficiency of heart function in the stage of decompensation;
- with acute heart failure;
- with insufficient liver function;
- with cardiomegaly without signs of failure;
- with sick sinus syndrome;
- with severe bradycardia;
- with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with bronchial asthma;
- in the later stages of peripheral circulatory disorders (for example, Raynaud’s disease);
- while taking certain medications (see the package insert);
- with anuria;
- with severe peripheral circulatory disorders;
- with pheochromocytoma;
- with hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hypercalcemia, symptomatic hyperuricemia;
- with metabolic acidosis.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Nebilet in pregnant women is allowed only under strict indications. Possible negative effects on the fetus (growth retardation, bradycardia, hypoglycemia).
Contraindicated during lactation.
Method of administration and dosage
When prescribing Nebilet, the dose and duration of treatment are selected by the doctor individually. When treating arterial hypertension, the drug is taken at 2.5 or 5 mg once a day. If, when taking the drug in the starting dose, it is not possible to achieve the required therapeutic effect, then it is possible to increase the daily dose to 10 mg.
When taking Nebilet, the first improvements in health occur from 2 or 4 days of treatment.
In the treatment of chronic heart failure, the drug is taken 2.5 mg once a day, it is possible to increase the daily dose to 5 mg.
To achieve the maximum therapeutic effect, the drug is recommended to be taken at the same time.
Symptoms: arrhythmia, incl. ventricular premature beats, AV block, severe bradycardia, drop in blood pressure, acute heart failure, acrocyanosis (cyanosis of the extremities), fainting, bronchospasm, shortness of breath, convulsions, dizziness, electrolyte imbalance.
Overdose treatment: discontinuation of intake, gastric lavage, prescription of sorbents, symptomatic therapy.
- Metabolic disorders: anorexia, diabetes mellitus, dehydration, gout, metabolic alkalosis, hyperuricemia, electrolyte imbalance, hyperglycemia, hyperamilasemia.
- Immune disorders: angioedema, allergic reactions.
- Neurological disorders: headache, increased fatigue, dizziness, paresthesia, nightmares, depression, syncope.
- Ophthalmic disorders: dry eyes.
- Changes in the blood test: leukopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia, hemolytic anemia.
- Cardiovascular disorders: peripheral edema, bradycardia, heart failure, orthostatic hypotension, delayed atrioventricular conduction (including AV block), exacerbation of intermittent claudication.
- Respiratory disorders: shortness of breath, bronchospasm.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, constipation / diarrhea, flatulence, vomiting.
- Dermatological disorders: itching of the skin, erythematous rash, exacerbation of the course of psoriasis, urticaria.
- Genitourinary disorders: erectile dysfunction.
- Mental disorders: hallucinations, confusion, psychosis, Raynaud’s phenomenon, coldness / cyanosis of the extremities.
Storage conditions and periods
The Nebilet must be kept in places inaccessible to children, protected from light and moisture. The shelf life is 3 years.