Nebivolol is prescribed: with ischemic heart disease – to reduce the frequency of angina attacks; with essential (primary) arterial hypertension.
Nebivolol composition and form of release
Active ingredient: nebivolol hydrochloride.
Available in 5 mg tablet form.
Nebivolol is used for heart disease. Is a selective (selective) blocker of beta-adrenergic receptors. The drug has a membrane stabilizing effect, has an internal sympathomimetic activity. Nebivolol reduces the activity of renin, reduces the heart rate during exercise and at rest, and reduces the oxygen demand of the heart muscle. It also has antianginal, antiarrhythmic, antihypertensive effects. By blocking beta1-adrenergic receptors of the heart, it reduces the formation of cAMP from adenosine triphosphate, reduces the current of calcium ions inside cells, has a negative chronotropic, dromotropic, batmotropic, inotropic effect.
Nebivolol is prescribed:
- with ischemic heart disease – to reduce the frequency of angina attacks;
- with essential (primary) arterial hypertension.
- if you are allergic to nebivolol hydrochloride, other beta-blockers;
- with intolerance to the auxiliary components of the drug;
- with AV blockade II – III st. (without using an artificial pacemaker);
- in case of shock (including cardiogenic shock);
- with sinoatrial blockade;
- with chronic insufficiency of heart function in the stage of decompensation;
- with acute heart failure;
- with cardiomegaly without signs of failure;
- with sick sinus syndrome;
- with severe bradycardia;
- with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with bronchial asthma;
- in the later stages of peripheral circulatory disorders (for example, Raynaud’s disease);
- while taking certain medications (see package insert).
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
It is allowed to use the drug in pregnant women only under strict indications. Possible negative effects on the fetus (growth retardation, bradycardia, hypoglycemia).
Contraindicated during lactation.
Method of administration and dosage
The tablet is taken orally in the morning on an empty stomach with a little water.
In case of ischemic heart disease, arterial hypertension, an initial dose of 2.5–5 mg once a day is recommended. In case of insufficient effectiveness, the dose is increased to 10 mg once a day.
The maximum dose is 20 mg / day.
Symptoms: arrhythmia, incl. ventricular premature beats, AV block, severe bradycardia, drop in blood pressure, acute heart failure, acrocyanosis (cyanosis of the extremities), fainting, bronchospasm, shortness of breath, convulsions, dizziness.
Overdose treatment: discontinuation of intake, gastric lavage, prescription of sorbents, symptomatic therapy.
- Immune disorders: angioedema, allergic reactions.
- Neurological disorders: headache, increased fatigue, dizziness, paresthesias, nightmares, depression, syncope.
- Ophthalmic disorders: dry eyes.
- Cardiovascular disorders: peripheral edema, bradycardia, heart failure, orthostatic hypotension, delayed atrioventricular conduction (including AV block), exacerbation of “intermittent” claudication.
- Respiratory disorders: shortness of breath, bronchospasm.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, constipation / diarrhea, flatulence, vomiting.
- Dermatological disorders: itching of the skin, erythematous rash, exacerbation of the course of psoriasis, urticaria.
- Genitourinary disorders: erectile dysfunction.
- Mental disorders: hallucinations, confusion, psychosis, Raynaud’s phenomenon, coldness / cyanosis of the extremities.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Nebivolol at 15-25 ° C.