Neirispin is used: with schizophrenia with pronounced productive (aggressiveness, delirium, hallucinations, thought disorders) or negative symptoms (poor speech, social and emotional detachment); in acute / chronic psychoses with pronounced productive or negative symptoms; in other psychotic conditions with affective symptoms.
Neirispin composition and release form
Active ingredient: risperidone (2 mg).
Produced in tablet form.
It is an antipsychotic drug (neuroleptic). The active substance selectively (selectively) blocks 5-HT2-serotonergic, D2-dopaminergic receptors of the central nervous system, as well as α1-adrenergic, to a lesser extent, α2-adrenergic and H1-histamine receptors. Eliminates hallucinations, delusions, automatism, reduces aggressiveness, fear.
Neirispin is used:
- with schizophrenia with pronounced productive (aggressiveness, delirium, hallucinations, thought disorders) or negative symptoms (poor speech, social and emotional detachment);
- in acute / chronic psychoses with pronounced productive or negative symptoms;
- in other psychotic conditions with affective symptoms.
- if you are allergic to risperidone;
- with intolerance to excipients.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Neirispin is used internally.
The standard dose for adults is 2 mg / day, on the next day the dose is increased to 4 mg / day, on the 3rd day – up to 6 mg / day in one or two doses. In the future, an individual maintenance dose is selected (usually 4–8 mg / day).
The maximum dose is 16 mg / day.
Elderly patients or patients with severe hepatic / renal impairment should be halved.
Symptoms: drowsiness, excessive sedation, tachycardia, extrapyramidal disturbances, instability of blood pressure.
Therapeutic measures: gastric lavage, the appointment of sorbents, support of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, control of electrolyte balance, regulation of the acid-base state.
- Neurological disorders: hyperthermia of central origin, drowsiness, headache, fainting, confusion, akathisia, extrapyramidal disorders (hypokinesia, akinesia, tremor, muscle stiffness), sleep disturbances, insomnia, depression, convulsive seizures, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (shortness of breath) tachypnea, convulsions, tachycardia, arrhythmia, unstable blood pressure, hyperthermia, increased sweating, severe muscle stiffness, involuntary urination, pallor of the skin, fatigue, weakness), tardive dyskinesia.
- Cardiovascular disorders: decrease / increase in blood pressure (including orthostatic hypotension), reflex tachycardia, hypertension, stroke.
- Digestive disorders: constipation, abdominal pain, vomiting, dysphagia, nausea.
- Dermatological disorders: hyperpigmentation, xeroderma, photosensitivity.
- Endocrine disorders: hyperglycemia, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, dysmenorrhea, gynecomastia, amenorrhea.
- Genitourinary disorders: priapism, anorgasmia, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation, dysuria, urinary incontinence, polyuria.
- Hematological disorders: neutro-, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, anemia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: violation of accommodation, xerophthalmia, decreased visual acuity.
- Others: peripheral edema, weight gain, rhinitis, manifestations of allergies, incl. angioedema, skin rashes, joint / bone / muscle pain.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Neirispin in its original production packaging. Optimal temperature conditions: up to +25 degrees. It is good for three years after production (see the date on the packaging).