Neotrizol is used for the treatment of combined gynecological diseases: bacterial vaginosis; bacterial vaginitis; mixed infection. It is also used for the prevention of gynecological diseases before surgery. In order to sanitize the vagina before childbirth, abortion, before and after the introduction of intrauterine contraceptives, diathermocoagulation of cervical erosion, before intrauterine examination.
- оrnidazole – 500 mg;
- neomycin sulfate – 100 mg;
- miconazole nitrate – 100 mg;
- prednisolone – 3 mg.
Available in the form of vaginal tablets.
These are vaginal tablets for the topical treatment of vaginal infections of various origins. Contains several active ingredients. Neomycin is an antibiotic of the aminoglycoside group that has high activity against gram-negative / gram-positive bacteria due to its ability to penetrate the structure of the bacterial cell and block protein production. Miconazole is an antifungal agent that is especially effective against Candida vulvovaginalis. Prednisolone is a synthetic glucocorticosteroid hormone that inhibits the production and release of inflammatory mediators, inhibits proliferative processes.
Neotrizol is prescribed:
- for the treatment of gynecological diseases (bacterial vaginosis, vaginitis caused by Candida albicans, as well as mixed infections – trichomoniasis, anaerobic infection, gardnerellosis, etc.);
- in order to prevent infection before surgical treatment of gynecological diseases;
- for sanitation of the vagina before abortion, childbirth, before and after the introduction of the intrauterine system, before intrauterine examinations, before and after the procedure of diathermocoagulation of cervical erosion.
You can not prescribe the drug if you are allergic to the components of the drug.
It is prescribed with caution in patients with hypothyroidism, severe pseudoparalytic myasthenia gravis, diverticulitis, nonspecific colitis, new intestinal anastomoses, osteoporosis, epilepsy, tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, arterial hypertension, heart failure, glaucoma, myopathy, I-type 12 hepatic recent myocardial infarction, with a history of or existing psychiatric disorders.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Only as directed by a physician.
Corticosteroids are excreted in breast milk in small quantities, so it is necessary to monitor the symptoms of adrenal suppression.
Method of administration and dosage
Neotrizol tablets are injected deep into the vagina – one at night. After injection, it is recommended to be in the supine position for at least 15 minutes. Treatment does not need to be interrupted during menstruation.
The average duration of therapy is 8 days. It is necessary to continue using, even if all symptoms of the disease have disappeared. If after an eight-day course of treatment the symptoms have not disappeared, it is necessary to repeat the course.
For the purpose of prophylaxis, this medicine is used for 8 days.
The order of administration of the tablet:
- place the vaginal tablet in a special applicator;
- immerse the applicator with the tablet for a few seconds in warm (approximately 30–40 ° C) boiled water;
- gently insert the applicator with the tablet into the vagina as deep as possible (best when lying down);
- insert the pill into the vagina, then remove and rinse the applicator with warm soapy water, dry.
This medication is practically not absorbed, and therefore, an overdose is unlikely. In case of a possible overdose, the patient is shown symptomatic treatment.
Usually well tolerated by all categories of patients. Rarely, spasms, headache, burning, irritation, itching are noted, very rarely – a rash on the skin, urticaria.
You should stop using the medication if signs of allergy appear.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Neotrizol at 15–25 ° С for no more than 12 months.