As part of the complex therapy of neurological diseases: polyneuropathy of various etiologies (including diabetic, alcoholic); acute and chronic neuritis and neuralgia; sciatica and lumbago; spine syndrome caused by degenerative lesions of the spine; plexitis; intercostal neuralgia; facial nerve paresis trigeminal neuralgia.
Neovitam composition and form of release
The active ingredients of the drug: cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine, thiamine.
This pharmaceutical agent is produced in the form of tablets.
A combination of B vitamins. It is used in the complex treatment of neurological diseases.
- Thiamine (vitamin B1) plays an important role in the reactions of protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Also actively involved in the processes of conducting nervous excitement.
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is necessary for the human body for the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) is required for normal hematopoiesis (hematopoiesis) and the maturation of red blood cells (red blood cells); participates in many biochemical reactions that ensure the vital activity of the human body.
Neovitam is used in the complex treatment of patients with neurological diseases:
- polyneuropathies of various origins (including diabetic, alcoholic);
- chronic / acute neuralgia, neuritis;
- trigeminal neuralgia;
- radicular syndrome, which is caused by degenerative lesions of the spine;
- paresis of the facial nerve;
- intercostal neuralgia.
The drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to it, for children under twelve years of age.
It is used in pediatrics for children over 12 years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the lack of sufficient clinical data regarding the use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation, it should not be given to patients during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
Neovitam tablets must be taken after a meal, not chewed and washed down with a small amount of liquid.
The drug should be taken one tablet once or twice a day.
The duration of the course of therapy with this pharmaceutical is determined by the treating doctor individually.
It is not recommended to use the drug Neovitam for more than four weeks in high doses.
During the course of treatment with Neovitam, it is required to refrain from the concomitant use of multivitamin complexes, which include B vitamins, due to the risk of overdose.
There are no reports of cases of overdose with this pharmaceutical. In the event of an overdose, symptomatic treatment is indicated for the patient.
It should be borne in mind that against the background of the use of medicines containing vitamin B12, patients with psoriasis are likely to worsen the course of this disease.
When used in recommended doses, the drug Neovitam is usually well tolerated by patients. However, in isolated cases, the following undesirable reactions may occur: tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), nausea, skin reactions in the form of urticaria and itching, shock conditions are possible.
In the event of any undesirable phenomena occurring against the background of a course of therapy with the pharmaceutical agent Neovitam, it is necessary to stop it and immediately contact your doctor for advice.
Storage conditions and periods
Store tablets in their original packaging.
It is required to protect this pharmaceutical product in places inaccessible to the child.
The recommended storage temperature for tablets is up to + 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug Neovitam is two years. It is forbidden to use Neovitam tablets after the expiration date indicated on the package.