Stroke, acute phase of cerebrovascular accidents and their neurological consequences. Traumatic brain injury and its neurological consequences. Cognitive and behavioral disorders due to chronic vascular and degenerative cerebral disorders.
active substance: citicoline;
1 ml of solution contains sodium citicoline in terms of citicoline – 100 mg;
excipients: methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 218); propyl parahydroxy benzoate (E 216); potassium sorbate; glycerol; sorbitol (E 420); glycerin formal; sodium citrate; saccharin sodium; citric acid, monohydrate; purified water.
Neuroxon belongs to the drug group of psychostimulant nootropics, the citicoline class, which are used to improve the cognitive functions of the brain.
The main active ingredient is citicoline, a substance that is analogous to a natural nucleoside, a phosphatidylcholine precursor. Also related to other phospholipids that are part of cell membranes.
Studies have shown that citicoline has the ability to improve cerebral circulation, increases the efficiency of oxygen supply to brain cells. As a result, cerebral metabolism is normalized, the work of the brain improves.
Citicoline is also an active donor of organic choline compounds, which are used in the metabolic process in the synthesis of acetylcholines (neurotransmitters, thanks to which neuromuscular transmission of nerve impulses is carried out).
It protects, restores and improves the functioning of the cell membranes of neurons, produces a decongestant effect on the brain, and prevents the release of free radicals. The use of the drug helps to reduce the recovery period after traumatic brain injuries, strokes, and other disorders of the brain.
Neuroxon is used to treat diseases associated with impaired brain function. In particular, they are prescribed for:
- cognitive, sensitive, movement disorders (strokes);
- in the acute phase of cerebral circulation disorders;
- therapy of the consequences of cerebrovascular accident;
- traumatic brain injury, both in the acute and in the recovery period;
- with encephalopathy of various origins, degenerative diseases of the brain;
- prolonged coma;
- complications after surgery on the brain (edema);
- parkinsonism (can be used in combination with anticholinergics, if it is impossible to prescribe levodopa).
Hypersensitivity to citicoline or other components of the drug.
Increased tone of the parasympathetic nervous system.
The experience of using the drug in children is limited.
Application during pregnancy or lactation There are no sufficient data on the use of citicoline in pregnant women. Data on the excretion of citicoline in breast milk and its effect on the fetus are not known. Therefore, during pregnancy or lactation, the drug can be prescribed only when the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
Method of administration and dosage
Take Neuroxon internally. The recommended dose of Neuroxon oral solution for adults ranges from 500 mg (5 ml) to 2000 mg (20 ml) per day, divided into 2-3 doses.
The drug is taken with a dosing syringe according to the following scheme:
- before use, completely squeeze the plunger of the dosing syringe;
- pull back the plunger and dial the required dose, taking into account that the amount of liquid in the syringe must correspond to the prescribed dose;
- take the drug directly or dilute with half a glass of water (120 ml), regardless of food intake.
The dosing syringe should be flushed with water after each use.
Doses of the drug and the duration of treatment depend on the severity of the brain damage and are set by the doctor individually.
Elderly patients do not require dose adjustment.
No cases of overdose have been reported.
- From the central and peripheral nervous system: severe headache, vertigo, hallucinations.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: arterial hypertension, arterial hypotension, tachycardia.
- From the respiratory system: shortness of breath.
- From the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- From the immune system: allergic reactions, including: rash, hyperemia, exanthema, urticaria, purpura, pruritus, angioedema, anaphylactic shock.
- General reactions: chills.
Store in its original packaging at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not freeze or refrigerate! During storage, slight opalescence may appear, which disappears when the preparation is kept at room temperature (≈ 20 ° C).