Newropentin is used: with pain syndrome due to postherpetic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy in adults; as monotherapy for partial epilepsy without / with secondary generalized seizures in individuals over 12 years old.
Newropentin composition and release form
Active ingredient: gabapentin (300 mg).
Available in capsule form.
It is an anticonvulsant. Gabapentin is a cyclic analogue of GABA that binds to highly specific centers in the brain. In addition to the anticonvulsant effect, it is able to relieve neuropathic pain.
Newropentin is used:
- with pain syndrome due to postherpetic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy in adults;
- as monotherapy for partial epilepsy without / with secondary generalized seizures in individuals over 12 years old.
Newropentin should not be prescribed if the components are intolerant.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Newropentin is administered orally (inside), without dependence on food, with water.
The standard dose for pain syndrome due to postherpetic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy in adults is 300 mg 1 to 3 times a day.
The standard dose for epilepsy is 300 mg 1-3 times a day.
The maximum is 3600 mg / day.
The minimum time to reach a dose of 1800 mg / day is 1 week.
The minimum time to reach a dose of 2400 mg / day is 2 weeks.
The minimum time to reach a dose of 3600 mg / day is 3 weeks.
Symptoms: drowsiness, dizziness, double vision, diarrhea, speech impairment, lethargy.
In case of an overdose, supportive and symptomatic therapy is performed. Hemodialysis is possible.
- Infections, invasions: viral infections, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, otitis media.
- Hematological disorders: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia.
- Immune disorders: allergic reactions (including urticaria), lymphadenopathy.
- Metabolic disorders: anorexia, weight gain, increased appetite, fluctuations in glucose levels in individuals with diabetes.
- Mental disorders: confusion, anxiety, hostility, emotional lability, depression, increased nervous irritability, hallucinations, impaired thinking.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, ataxia, dizziness, convulsions, dysarthria, hyperkinesia, amnesia, insomnia, tremor, headache, hypesthesia, paresthesia, impaired coordination, increased / decreased / lack of reflexes, nystagmus, hypokinesia, choreoathetosis, dystonia, dyskinesia.
- Ophthalmic disorders: amblyopia, diplopia.
- Otolaryngological disorders: vertigo, ringing in the ears.
- Cardiovascular disorders: arterial hypertension, vasodilation, palpitations.
- Respiratory disorders: cough, rhinitis, dyspnea, pharyngitis, bronchitis.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, gingivitis, constipation / diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, dental changes, increased hepatic transaminase activity, flatulence, pancreatitis, jaundice, hepatitis, increased bilirubin levels.
- Dermatological disorders: angioedema, facial edema, skin rash, purpura, pruritus, exudative erythema multiforme, acne, alopecia, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: myalgia, back pain, arthralgia, muscle twitching, myoclonus.
- Urinary disorders: urinary incontinence, acute renal failure.
- Sexual disorders: impotence, gynecomastia, breast hypertrophy.
- General disorders: fatigue, peripheral edema, fever, walking disorder, malaise, asthenia, flu-like symptoms, chest pain, generalized edema, withdrawal reaction (anxiety, pain, sweating, insomnia, nausea).
- Others: fractures, injuries.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Newropentin at 15 – 25 ° C for no more than two years.