Nicergolin is used: with acute and chronic insufficiency of cerebral circulation (including dementia, thrombosis, cerebral vascular embolism, attacks of cerebral ischemia, cranial trauma, ischemic hearing disorders, balance, vascular changes in the vascular and retina of the eye); with insufficient peripheral circulation in the upper and lower extremities; with migraine.
Nicergolin composition and form of release
Active ingredients: nicergoline (10 mg).
Available in tablet form.
It is a vasodilator and improves cerebral circulation. Derived from ergoline. It helps to improve metabolic and hemodynamic processes in the brain, improves hemorheological blood parameters, reduces platelet aggregation, and increases blood flow in the extremities. Shows α1-adrenergic blocking effect, which leads to an improvement in blood flow, has a direct effect on the cerebral neurotransmitter systems – dopaminergic, cholinergic and adrenergic. Against the background of the application, the activity of the dopaminergic, cholinergic and adrenergic cerebral systems increases, which leads to the optimization of cognitive processes. With long-term therapy, a persistent improvement in cognitive functions and a decrease in the severity of behavioral disorders associated with dementia were observed.
Nicergolin is used:
- with acute and chronic insufficiency of cerebral circulation (including dementia, thrombosis, cerebral vascular embolism, attacks of cerebral ischemia, cranial trauma, ischemic hearing disorders, balance, vascular changes in the vascular and retina of the eye);
- with insufficient peripheral circulation in the upper and lower extremities;
- with migraine.
- with intolerance to the components;
- with acute bleeding;
- with a recent myocardial infarction;
- with arterial hypotension;
- with acute myocardial infarction;
- with severe bradycardia;
- while taking alpha, beta-blockers.
- with a history of hyperuricemia or gout;
- when taking medications that disrupt the metabolism or excretion of uric acid.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
Nicergolin is used internally.
The standard starting dose is 5-10 mg three times a day.
The course of treatment is 2-3 months or more.
Dose adjustment is required for patients with renal failure, the elderly.
With long-term therapy, the patient should be examined at least once every six months. If there are changes in laboratory tests, a dose reduction or a decision on discontinuation of the drug is required.
Symptoms: severe drop in blood pressure (transient).
Overdose treatment: special treatment is usually not required, it is enough to take a horizontal position for a few minutes. In exceptional cases (with a sharp violation of the blood supply to the brain, heart), the introduction of sympathomimetic agents is indicated (under the control of blood pressure).
- Neurological disorders: dizziness, agitation, anxiety, drowsiness / insomnia, fainting.
- Digestive disorders: decreased appetite, diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, increased acidity of gastric juice.
- Cardiovascular disorders: decreased clotting, blood viscosity, orthostatic hypotension.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, erythema.
- Others: redness of the skin of the face, increased sweating.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Nicergolin at temperatures up to + 25 ° C for no more than 2 years. It is prohibited to use the medicinal product after the expiration date indicated on the package. It is necessary to ensure the inaccessibility of the medicine for children.