Treatment of acute pain, primary dysmenorrhea. Nimesulide should only be used as a second-line drug. The decision to prescribe nimesulide should be made based on an assessment of all the risks for a particular patient.
Nimelgan composition and form of release
The active ingredient is nimesulide.
Release in the form of granules 100 mg in sachets of 2 g.
Nimelgan is an anti-inflammatory drug. It also has an analgesic, antipyretic effect. Its therapeutic effect is due to the ability to interact with the arachidonic acid cascade, to reduce the production of prostaglandins by inhibiting cyclooxygenase.
Nimelgan is prescribed to reduce / eliminate acute pain (as a second line drug).
- with allergy to nimesulide, intolerance to other components;
- with hepatotoxic (liver damage) reactions to nimesulide in the past;
- with cerebrovascular bleeding;
- with severe blood clotting disorder;
- at elevated body temperature, flu-like symptoms;
- with severe heart failure;
- with severe kidney / liver failure;
- with suspicion of acute surgical pathology;
- with alcoholism, drug addiction;
- with a hyperergic reaction in the past (bronchospasm, urticaria, rhinitis) in connection with the intake of acetylsalicylic acid, other NSAIDs;
- in the III trimester of pregnancy, lactation;
- in case of gastric / duodenal ulcer in the acute phase, recurrent ulcers, gastrointestinal bleeding.
It is used in pediatrics for children over 12 years old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Method of administration and dosage
To reduce the risk of developing unwanted side reactions, the minimum effective dose should be used for a short time. The medicine must be taken after meals. The maximum duration of treatment is 15 days.
Adults are prescribed 100 mg (1 sachet) x2 times / day (daily dose – 200 mg).
The contents of the sachet should be dissolved in a glass of warm water and immediately drunk.
Symptoms of acute overdose: drowsiness, vomiting, pain in the supragastric region, the occurrence of gastrointestinal bleeding, acute kidney failure, respiratory depression, coma.
There is no specific antidote. Shown symptomatic and supportive.
- Co side of the blood: purpura, thrombocytopenia, anemia, eosinophilia, pancytopenia.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperkalemia.
- Co side of the nervous system: drowsiness, dizziness, headache, encephalopathy (Reye’s syndrome).
- From the side of the psyche: nervousness, fear, nightmares.
- From the side of the organ of vision: blurred vision.
- Co side of the cardiovascular system: hot flashes, hemorrhage, tachycardia, lability of blood pressure.
- From the side of the organ of hearing: vertigo (dizziness).
- Co side of the respiratory system: bronchospasm, shortness of breath.
- Co side of the skin: itching, rashes, increased sweating, redness, dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, angioedema, toxic epidermal necrolysis, urticaria, erythema polyform.
- Co side of the digestive tract: diarrhea / constipation, flatulence, nausea, gastritis, abdominal pain, stomatitis, bleeding from the digestive tract, black stools, ulcers, intestinal / stomach perforation, hepatitis, fulminant (fulminant) hepatitis, cholestasis, jaundice.
- Co side of the immune system: allergy, anaphylaxis.
- Co side of the urinary system: dysuria, urinary retention, hematuria, kidney failure, interstitial nephritis, oliguria.
- Laboratory indicators: an increase in the level of liver enzymes.
- General disorders: edema, hypothermia, malaise.
Storage conditions and periods
At 15-25 ° С. Nimelgan is valid for 3 years.