Treatment of acute pain, primary dysmenorrhea. Nimesulide should only be used as a second-line drug. The decision to prescribe nimesulide should be made based on an assessment of all the risks for a particular patient.
Nimid Forte composition and form of release
Active ingredients: nimesulide (100 mg), tizanidine (2 mg).
Available in pill form.
This is a combination anti-inflammatory drug. Nimesulide has antipyretic, analgesic effects. The action is due to the ability to interact with the arachidonic acid cycle, to inhibit cyclooxygenase, prostaglandin production. Tizanidine is a centrally acting muscle relaxant. Acts by inhibiting the polysynaptic reflexes of the spinal cord, regulating muscle tone.
Nimid Forte is prescribed to reduce / eliminate acute pain (with osteoarthritis, trauma, algodismenorrhea, etc.).
- if you are allergic to nimesulide;
- with intolerance to auxiliary components;
- with hepatotoxic reactions (liver damage) when taking nimesulide in the past;
- in violation of blood clotting;
- with severe heart failure;
- with cerebrovascular bleeding;
- with severe kidney / liver failure;
- with alcoholism, drug addiction;
- with suspicion of acute surgical pathology;
- with a hyperergic reaction in the past (bronchospasm, urticaria, rhinitis) in connection with the intake of NSAIDs;
- with exacerbation of gastric / duodenal ulcers, recurrent ulcers, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- with asthenic bulbar paralysis.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Nimid Forte is not recommended during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
The minimum effective dose should be prescribed for a short time (to reduce the risk of adverse reactions).
Nimid Forte is taken orally after meals.
Adults are prescribed one tablet x2 times / day (daily dose – two tablets).
The maximum duration of admission is 15 days.
Overdose symptoms: pain in the supra-gastric region, drowsiness, vomiting, respiratory depression, gastrointestinal bleeding, acute kidney failure, coma.
Supportive and symptomatic treatment is indicated.
- Digestive disorders: flatulence, nausea, diarrhea / constipation, gastritis, bleeding from the digestive tract, abdominal pain, stomatitis, black stools, cholestasis, ulcers, bowel / stomach perforation, jaundice, hepatitis, incl. fulminant (fulminant) hepatitis.
- Neurological disorders: drowsiness, headache, encephalopathy (Reye’s syndrome), dizziness.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperkalemia.
- Mental disorders: nervousness, nightmares, fear.
- Ophthalmic disorders: blurred vision.
- Otolaryngological disorders: vertigo.
- Respiratory disorders: shortness of breath, bronchospasm.
- Cardiovascular disorders: hot flashes, blood pressure lability, hemorrhage, tachycardia.
- Dermatological disorders: itching, redness, rashes, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, increased sweating, dermatitis, angioedema, urticaria, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema polymorphism.
- Immune disorders: allergies, incl. anaphylaxis.
- Urinary disorders: dysuria, hematuria, urinary retention, kidney failure, oliguria, interstitial nephritis.
- Laboratory indicators: increased levels of liver enzymes.
- Blood test changes: thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, anemia, eosinophilia.
- General disorders: hypothermia, edema, malaise, purpura.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Nimid Forte at 15-25 ° С for no more than three years.