Use is contraindicated in case of allergy to one of the components of the drug, as well as in case of: severe heart failure; severe arterial hypertension; atrioventricular block II-III degree; cardiogenic shock; renal or hepatic impairment; lactase deficiency, galactosemia, lactose-galactose malabsorption syndrome.
Nispazm Forte composition
The main active ingredient is drotaverine hydrochloride. Also contains excipients: lactose monohydrate, corn starch, magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, sodium saccharin, macrogol, etc.
It is produced in the form of tablets at a dosage of 80 mg in 1 tablet.
Nispazm Forte belongs to a group of medicines used to treat functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
The main active ingredient is drotaverine hydrochloride, an isoquinoline derivative. Has antispasmodic activity in relation to smooth muscles located in the biliary, urogenital and gastrointestinal organs. Also effective against vascular smooth muscle.
It has the ability to relax smooth muscles, eliminating spastic pain due to the expansion of the lumen in the vessels, which improves the flow of oxygen to the tissues.
It is used if necessary to stop (relieve) a spasm and eliminate the pain of a spastic nature caused by it. In particular, they are used to relieve spasms that occur when:
- cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- constipation caused by spasms;
- spasms of smooth muscles located in the cardiac and pyloric parts of the stomach;
- spastic colitis, intestinal colic, which are caused by gas retention in the intestines;
- proctitis, pyelitis, cystitis, urethrolithiasis, nephrolithiasis;
- pain caused by spasms of cerebral vessels;
- disorders in gynecology (algodismenorrhea, prevention of uterine spasms during pregnancy, threat of abortion, and also according to indications during delivery).
Nispazm Forte is also prescribed if necessary to carry out diagnostic manipulations, including cholecystography.
The spasmolytic mechanism of the drug is associated with its property to change the potential of cell membranes and their permeability. The effect is manifested in the case of spasms of both nervous and muscle origin. The effect of the drug does not depend on the nature of the autonomic innervation, equally affecting the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal, biliary, urogenital and vascular systems.
Use is contraindicated in case of allergy to one of the components of the drug, as well as in case of:
- severe heart failure;
- severe arterial hypertension;
- atrioventricular block II-III degree;
- cardiogenic shock;
- renal or hepatic impairment;
- lactase deficiency, galactosemia, lactose-galactose malabsorption syndrome.
Exercise caution when prescribing to patients who have prostatic hyperplasia, angle-closure glaucoma, coronary atherosclerosis (or suspicion of such a disease).
It is undesirable to use in the treatment of children under 12 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
When prescribing to pregnant women, caution should be exercised and should be used only if the benefits outweigh the risks.
Breastfeeding is suspended during the treatment process.
Method of administration and dosage
Nispazm Forte is taken orally. The pill is taken regardless of when the food was taken.
To relieve pain caused by spasms, 80 mg of the drug (1-2 tablets) is prescribed 1-3 times a day. Average daily dose is 120-240 mg, but not more than 240 mg.
Children from 12 years old take 1 tablet 1-2 times a day. The maximum daily dose is 160 mg.
The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor on an individual basis.
Overdose can cause:
- atrioventricular block (AB);
- cardiac arrest;
- paralysis of the respiratory center.
Treatment of symptoms is recommended – gastric lavage, intake of sorbents. With the development of AB, atropine and isoprenaline are injected into the vein, with cardiac arrest – atropine and adrenaline (also intravenously), with respiratory arrest and paralysis of the respiratory center, artificial ventilation is indicated.
No specific antidote has been identified.
Usually the drug is well tolerated. In rare cases, reactions are possible in the form of:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (diarrhea);
- sleep disorders, fainting, headaches;
- increased heart rate, drop in pressure (hypotension), arrhythmias;
- swelling of the mucous membrane in the nose, spasms in the bronchi (with a tendency to such);
- allergies in the form of a skin rash, itching, allergic dermatitis, Quincke’s edema;
- excessive sweating.
Intravenous administration can cause a drop in blood pressure, the development of AB, and respiratory depression.
If side effects develop, you need to stop the use of the drug and inform your doctor about it.
Storage conditions and periods
Stored for up to 3 years at temperatures up to 30 ° C.