Noobut is effectively used for: decreased intellectual and emotional activity; memory impairment, decreased concentration; asthenic and anxiety-neurotic states, anxiety, fear, anxiety, neuroses, obsessive states, psychopathy, alcoholism (effectively relieves withdrawal symptoms); stuttering, enuresis, nervous tics (in children); insomnia, nighttime restlessness (in the elderly).
Main active ingredient: Phenibut.
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, potato starch, povidone, calcium stearate.
Available in tablet form, each containing 250 mg of phenibut.
Noobut belongs to the group of psychostimulants and nootropics.
Phenibut is a phenylethylamine derivative and also a derivative of Igric-aminobutyric acid.
It is prized in medicine for its antihypoxic and antiamnestic effect. Has tranquilizing properties. At the same time, it is able to stimulate mnemotic abilities, enhancing attention, memory and learning.
Increases the physical properties of the body, increasing efficiency, eliminating anxiety, fears, psycho-emotional stress.
Speeds up falling asleep, sleep becomes deep, while after waking up there is no heaviness in the head or drowsiness. The drug is able to enhance the effect of tranquilizers, as well as neuroleptics, drugs and sleeping pills.
It has the property of lengthening the rest period and shortening the duration and strength of the severity of nystagmus. Reduces asthenia, therefore, when taking Phenibut, those suffering from this disease have an increase in initiative and interest in an active life, at the same time, arousal does not occur and drowsiness does not appear.
Noobut is effectively used for:
- decreased intellectual and emotional activity;
- memory impairment, decreased concentration;
- asthenic and anxiety-neurotic states, anxiety, fear, anxiety, neuroses, obsessive states, psychopathy, alcoholism (effectively relieves withdrawal symptoms);
- stuttering, enuresis, nervous tics (in children);
- insomnia, nighttime restlessness (in the elderly).
It is also used to prevent the excitation of the nervous system during stressful conditions, as well as before operations or painful diagnostic tests.
In addition, it is prescribed for the treatment of Meniere’s disease, dizziness caused by disturbances in the functioning of the vestibular apparatus, to prevent the development of “seasickness” with the danger of motion sickness.
It is used in the complex treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervicothoracic spine and climacteric disorders in women.
You should not use the specified drug if the patient has had a previous hypersensitivity (allergy) with respect to one of the components that are part of the drug – both basic and auxiliary.
It can be used simultaneously with antipsychotics and tranquilizers. However, it should be borne in mind that the drug enhances their effect.
Use is contraindicated in acute renal failure.
In pediatrics, it should not be used until 3 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Treatment of pregnant women is extremely undesirable, only for serious reasons.
Breastfeeding should be suspended during treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
Adults take Noobut 250-500 mg 3 times a day. The maximum allowable single dose is 750 mg. Children over 11 years old take no more than 750 mg per day.
Recommended dosages for children:
- 3-4 years – 100 mg 2 times a day;
- 5-6 years old – 100 mg 3 times a day;
- 7-10 years old – 200 mg 2 times a day;
- 11-14 years old – 200 mg 2-3 times a day;
Duration of treatment is 3 weeks, maximum 6 weeks.
- With withdrawal symptoms, 750 mg of the drug is taken at night, then the dose is gradually reduced.
- To stop the attacks of “seasickness” and Meniere’s disease, take 250 mg of phenibut three times a day, for 5-7 days (if “seasickness” is caused by vascular or traumatic genesis, then 12 days). After there has been a positive trend, the dose is reduced to 250 mg 3 times a day (another 7-10 days).
- To prevent the development of attacks of “seasickness” take 250-500 mg of phenibut, 1 hour before the stimulus, or at the first symptoms of the disease.
- With climacteric disorders or cervical osteochondrosis in women – 250 mg 3 times a day for 14 days. Then the dose is reduced to 250 mg 2 times a day.
Overdose with this drug usually does not cause any particular adverse events due to its low toxicity. In rare cases, with prolonged significant excess of the dosage, the following were observed:
- fatty degeneration of the liver.
Overdose symptoms: arterial hypotension, nausea, vomiting, acute renal failure, drowsiness.
Symptomatic therapy, gastric lavage, and sorbent intake are recommended.
Usually the drug is well tolerated. Side effects can occur only in rare cases. In particular, there may be observed:
- anaphylactic reactions, including allergic urticaria, itching;
- upper respiratory tract infections;
- headache, abdominal pain, thirst, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia.
Storage conditions and periods
This medicinal product is able to retain its medicinal properties for 3 years from the date of manufacture indicated on the package.
The drug should be kept out of the reach of children. Storage temperature should not exceed 25 ° C.