Essential arterial hypertension and all forms of symptomatic arterial hypertension for which monotherapy is ineffective.
The main active ingredients of the drug are reserpine, dihydroergocristine mesylate, clopamide.
As auxiliary substances, the preparation contains: potato starch, lactose, povidone, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, etc.
It is produced in the form of tablets, with 1 tablet containing 0.1 mg of reserpine, 0.5 mg of dihydroergocristine mesylate, 5 mg of clopamide.
This drug Normatens belongs to the group of combined antihypertensive and diuretic drugs that are used in the treatment of the cardiovascular system, in particular, arterial hypertension.
The active components of the drug complement each other, providing a powerful hypertensive effect at minimal dosages.
- Reserpine depletes the reserves of catecholamines in the central nervous system, which leads to a violation of the transmission of nerve impulses, causes a decrease in the tone of the sympathetic nervous system (it has no effect on the parasympathetic nervous system). As a result, there is a decrease in blood pressure and the number of contractions of the heart muscle. Produces a sedative effect that complements the antihypertensive effect. Increases intestinal peristalsis, improves sleep quality, positively affects lipid and protein metabolism.
- Clopamide, which is part of the drug, is a diuretic from the group of thiazide-like sulfonamides, enhances the excretion of ions in the urine of potassium, chlorine, sodium, reduces the content of sodium ions in the vascular wall, reducing its sensitivity to the action of vasoconstrictor agents.
- Dihydroergocristine mesylate is a semisynthetic derivative of the alkaloids group, has the property of reducing the tone of vascular smooth muscles, reducing peripheral vascular resistance.
This drug Normatens is recommended for the treatment of arterial hypertension (persistent high blood pressure).
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
- Parkinson’s disease;
- acute myocardial infarction;
- the acute phase of gastric and duodenal ulcers, ulcerative colitis;
- concomitant or recent treatment with MAO inhibitors;
- anuria, severe renal failure;
- liver failure;
- refractory hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hypercalcemia, hyperuricemia.
It is not used in pediatrics.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Not recommended for pregnant women.
If there is a need to take this drug, then lactation (breastfeeding) should be suspended during treatment.
Method of administration and dosage
This drug Normatens is started with a minimum dosage, gradually increasing if necessary (once every 2-3 weeks). The dose is determined by the attending physician.
Average daily dosage is 1 tablet. The maximum dosage per day is 3 tablets, which are taken in three doses during the day. Maintenance therapy – 1 tablet a day or even every other day.
Elderly patients should not take more than 1 tablet per day.
It should be borne in mind that the expected effect can be expected after 1-4 weeks of regular use.
The duration of the course of treatment is prescribed by the doctor, depending on the individual reaction of the body to the drug.
Overdose can cause poisoning, which is characterized by:
- headache, drowsiness, coma;
- convulsions, paresthesia, miosis;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- tachycardia, arterial hypotension, angina pectoris, arrhythmia;
- muscle weakness, oliguria.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to flush the stomach, take enterosorbents. Conduct symptomatic therapy to maintain the cardiovascular system, water and electrolyte balance.
No specific antidote has been identified.
Treatment with this drug can cause side effects in the form of:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, bleeding from the stomach, intestines;
- bradycardia, edema, arrhythmias, angina pectoris, hot flashes, fainting;
- swelling of the nose, shortness of breath, nosebleeds;
- depression, irritability, nightmares, anxiety, cerebral edema;
- violations of potency, ejaculation, decreased libido, dysuria, glomerulonephritis;
- purpura, anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- jaundice, hepatitis;
- neuritis, paresthesia, anorexia;
- violations of water and electrolyte balance;
- pulmonary edema.
If you experience any unusual side effects as a result of taking this drug, you should consult your doctor about possible changes in the treatment regimen.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of Normatens is no more than 5 years from the production date indicated on the package.
Store in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.