Novirin is prescribed to people with a reduced or normal immune status for viral infections.
Active substance: inosine pranobex;
1 ml of syrup contains 50 mg of inosine pranobex (50 mg / ml);
excipients: sucrose, glycerin, methylparaben (methyl parahydroxybenzoate) (E 218), propylparaben (propyl parahydroxybenzoate) (E 216), citrus flavor, purified water.
Novirin is an antiviral medicine. Its active substance has a direct antiviral and immunity modulating effect. Its effect is due to the ability to bind to the ribosomes of cells affected by the virus, slowing down the production of viral i-RNA and inhibiting the replication (self-reproduction) of DNA and RNA viruses. It also inhibits the formation of interferons. The immunomodulatory effect is due to its effect on T-lymphocytes and an increase in the absorbing (phagocytic) activity of macrophages. Novirin enhances the differentiation (sorting) of pre-T-lymphocytes, stimulates the multiplication of immune cells (T-, B-lymphocytes), increases the activity of T-lymphocytes, normalizes the ratio between the populations of T-helpers and suppressors ( restores the CD4 / CD8 index). As a result of the complex effect of the drug on immunity, the viral load decreases, the production of immune cells is normalized, the production of its own interferons is activated, contributing to resistance to infections, and the rapid limitation of the focus of infection …
Novirin is prescribed to people with a reduced or normal immune status for viral infections: adenoviral infections, parainfluenza, influenza, other acute respiratory viral infections, bronchitis of viral origin, mumps, measles, herpes simplex (herpes of the skin of the hands, face , lips, mucous membranes of the mouth, eyes), subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (progressive damage to all brain tissues), genital herpes, infectious mononucleosis, chickenpox, shingles, cytomegalovirus, HPV (human papillomavirus), acute or chronic hepatitis B, recurrent ( constantly recurring) infections of the urinary system of the respiratory system …
The drug should not be used in people who do not tolerate pranobex, other components of this medication. Also, it is not prescribed for patients with kidney / liver failure, urolithiasis, gout, or hyperuricemia (elevated blood levels of uric acid). Novirin is not prescribed for children under one year old.
Novirin is prescribed with caution to elderly patients, since there is a risk of developing hyperuricemia, hyperuricosuria (an increase in the level of uric acid in the urine).
It is used in pediatrics for children from 1 year old.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the lack of research, it is not recommended to prescribe Novirin during these periods.
Method of administration and dosage
The drug should be taken orally, preferably after meals, at regular intervals. The duration of treatment is determined individually, depending on the nosology, the severity of the process and the frequency of relapses; on average, the duration of treatment is 5-14 days, if necessary, after a 7-10-day break, the course of treatment is repeated. Treatment with interruptions and maintenance doses can last up to 1-6 months. The dosage is determined individually, depending on age, body weight, severity of the process.
The maximum daily dose for adults is 4 g of inosine pranobex, which corresponds to 80 ml of syrup.
Recommended doses and dosage regimens of the medicinal product:
- influenza, parainfluenza, acute respiratory viral infections:
adults – 20 ml of syrup 3-4 times a day;
children – daily dose – at the rate of 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) of body weight for 3-4 doses for 5-7 days; if necessary, continue treatment or repeat after 7-8 days; to achieve the greatest efficiency in acute respiratory viral infections, it is better to start treatment at the first symptoms of the disease or from the first day of the disease; as a rule, the drug is taken for another 1-2 days after the symptoms disappear;
- bronchitis of viral etiology:
adults – 20 ml of syrup 3 times a day;
children – daily dose – at the rate of 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 2-4 weeks;
- mumps: daily dose – at the rate of 70 mg / kg (that is, 1.4 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 7-10 days;
- measles: daily dose – at the rate of 100 mg / kg (i.e. 2 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 7-14 days;
- aphthous stomatitis:
adults – 20 ml of syrup 4 times a day;
children – a daily dose – at the rate of 70 mg / kg (i.e. 1.4 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 6-8 days (acute phase), then adults – 20 ml of syrup 3 times a day, children – 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses 2 times a week for 6 weeks;
- infectious mononucleosis: daily dose – at the rate of 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 8 days;
- cytomegalovirus infection: daily dose – at the rate of 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 25-30 days;
- herpes zoster and labial herpes:
adults – 20 ml of syrup 3-4 times a day;
children – daily dose – at the rate of 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 10-14 days (until the symptoms disappear);
- genital herpes: in the acute period – 20 ml of syrup 3 times a day for 5-6 days; during the period of remission, the maintenance dose is 20 ml of syrup (1000 mg) 1 time per day for up to 6 months;
- subacute sclerosing panencephalitis: daily dose – at the rate of 50-100 mg / kg (that is, 1-2 ml of syrup / kg) for 6 doses (every 4 hours) for 8-10 days; after an 8-day break with a mild course, an additional 1-3 courses, with a severe course – up to 9 courses;
- infections caused by Human papilloma virus (genital warts): 20 ml of syrup 3 times a day, the course of treatment is 14-28 days or in combination with cryotherapy or CO2 laser therapy – 20 ml of syrup 3 times a day 3 courses with an interval in 1 month;
- hepatitis B: adults – 20 ml of syrup 3-4 times a day for 15-30 days; then a maintenance dose – 20 ml of syrup (1000 mg) once a day for 2-6 months;
- chronic recurrent infections of the respiratory tract and genitourinary system in patients with weakened immunity (in complex treatment):
adults – 20 ml of syrup 3-4 times a day, the course of treatment – from 2 weeks to 3 months;
children – daily dose – at the rate of 50 mg / kg (that is, 1 ml of syrup / kg) for 3-4 doses for 21 days (or 3 courses of 7-10 days with the same interruptions).
To restore the function of the immune system and achieve a stable immunomodulatory effect in patients with weakened immunity, the course of treatment should last from 3 to 9 weeks.
Overdose cases are not described.
Drug overdose may be accompanied by an increase in the amount of uric acid in the blood / urine. In case of an overdose, gastric lavage with a probe and symptomatic treatment are performed.
- Nervous system disorders: fatigue, headache, feeling unwell, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, or drowsiness.
- Digestive tract disorders: pain in the abdominal region, nausea, diarrhea (frequent and loose stools), constipation, lack of appetite.
- Skin changes: itching, redness, skin rashes, including hives.
- Immune system disorders: allergies, incl. angioneurotic edema (sharp swelling of the face, lips, tongue).
- Disorders of the liver, biliary tract: increased levels of alkaline phosphatase, transaminases (ALT, AST), urea nitrogen in the blood.
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system: joint pain.
- Urinary tract disorders: An increase in the volume of urine excreted (polyuria).
Storage conditions and periods
Store Novirin in its original packaging at 15–25 ° C. Shelf life of Novirin is 2 years.
Cimeven (ganciclovir) lyophilisate for solution for infusions 500 mg. №1 vial$82.80 Add to cart
Famvir (famciclovir) coated tablets 250 mg. №21$215.00 Add to cart
Aflubin Plus (Icelandic moss) syrup 175 ml.$24.00 Add to cart
Laferon-FarmBiotek lyophilisate for solution for injections 1 mln IU №10 vial$49.00 Add to cart