This is a local anesthetic. It is an anesthetic of the acid amide type with an average latency period.
Active ingredients: bupivacaine hydrochloride (5 mg / ml).
Available in the form of a solution for injection.
This is a local anesthetic. It is an anesthetic of the acid amide type with an average latency period. The effect of the drug is growing rapidly and is expressed by prolonged circulating blockade of sensory, motor and autonomic nerve fibers, the conducting system of the heart. It is assumed that the action of the drug is associated with inhibition of the permeability of the sodium channels of the membranes.
- for local anesthesia by peripheral (their) nervous (their) blockade (blockade), percutaneous infiltration;
- for central blockade (epidural or caudal).
- with intolerance to the components;
- with allergy to local anesthetics of the acid-amide type;
- with severe arterial hypotension;
- for intravenous regional anesthesia (according to Bier).
For epidural anesthesia, the drug is contraindicated:
- in diseases of the nervous system in the active stage (intracranial hemorrhage, meningitis, poliomyelitis, subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord against the background of pernicious anemia, brain / spinal cord tumors);
- with tuberculosis of the spine;
- with a purulent infection of the skin in the place (or nearby) of the lumbar puncture;
- in violation of blood clotting, current treatment with anticoagulants.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
There is no evidence of adverse effects on human pregnancy, but the drug should not be used in the early stages of pregnancy.
Bupivacaine can pass into the mother’s milk in small quantities (there is no risk of effect on the baby).
Method of administration and dosage
The dose is selected individually in each case, taking into account the clinical situation. Apply the minimum dose that provides the necessary pain relief.
Symptoms: Involuntary eye movements, seizures, tingling, itching, numbness, tinnitus, anxiety, metallic taste in the mouth, tremors, muscle twitching, fear, vomiting, disorientation, speech impairment, vomiting, dizziness, confusion, drowsiness, tremors , convulsions (tonic-clonic), motor activity, rapid breathing, dilated pupils, sphincter paralysis, stupor, decreased muscle tone, intermittent breathing, tinnitus, coma, respiratory arrest, palpitations, high blood pressure, rapid breathing, tachycardia, arrhythmia , hypoxia, pallor, cyanosis, drop in blood pressure, bradycardia, acute heart failure, asystole, ventricular fibrillation.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to immediately stop the administration, ensure airway patency, and additional oxygen supply.
Therapeutic measures include control of hemodynamics, pupil width, symptomatic treatment.
Dizziness, numbness of the tongue, tremors, a feeling of “lightness in the head”, tinnitus, visual disturbances, convulsions, urinary retention, paralysis of the extremities, loss of consciousness, decreased cardiac output, respiratory arrest, blockade, ventricular arrhythmia (incl. ventricular paroxysmal tachycardia, asystole, ventricular fibrillation), bradycardia.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Novostezin at temperatures up to +25 ° C for no more than two years.
It is forbidden to use after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Parents are obliged to ensure the safety of children, excluding the possibility of their access to medicine.