This Nutriflex drug is used for parenteral nutrition for both adults and children, when oral or enteral nutrition is not possible, insufficient or contraindicated. Recommended for patients with moderate to severe catabolism.
Main active ingredients: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, arginine monoglutamate, histidine hydrochloride monohydrate, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glycine, proline, serine, magnesium acetate tetrahydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, glucose, monohydrate, sodium chloride, calcium chloride dihydrate, as well as electrolytes – potassium, calcium, magnesium, chlorides, phosphates, acetates.
Auxiliary components – citric acid monohydrate, water for injection.
This drug is available in the form of an emulsion for infusion, in a two-chamber bag, with a volume of 1000 ml, with a total caloric value of 1240 kcal, respectively.
Each of the bags contains:
- 1000 ml (500 ml of amino acid solution + 500 ml of glucose solution);
- 2000 ml (750 ml amino acid solution + 750 ml glucose solution).
This Nutriflex drug belongs to a group of drugs that are used for parenteral nutrition, which include amino acids, carbohydrates, electrolytes.
It is especially recommended for patients in need of an increased dose of protein, glucose for energy, in particular, in the treatment and prevention of protein deficiency after surgery, injuries, burns, in ENT practice, and in other cases where enteral nutrition is impossible.
In particular, it contains glucose as an energy source for amino acid metabolism. Amino acids, in turn, play an important role in protein synthesis.
This Nutriflex drug is used for parenteral nutrition for both adults and children, when oral or enteral nutrition is not possible, insufficient or contraindicated.
Recommended for patients with moderate to severe catabolism.
Not applicable if the patient has hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components that make up the drug.
Also contraindicated for:
- severe hyperlipidemia;
- severe liver failure;
- severe blood clotting disorders;
- congenital disorders of amino acid metabolism;
- severe renal failure in the absence of hemodialysis or hemofiltration;
- the period of the acute phase of shock;
- hyperglycemia, requiring the introduction of insulin in an amount of more than 6 U / h;
- pathologically increased concentration in blood plasma of any of the electrolytes included in the preparation;
- general contraindications to infusion therapy;
- unstable conditions (including post-traumatic conditions, diabetes mellitus, myocardial infarction, etc.);
- hemophagocytic syndrome.
In pediatrics, it can be used after reaching 3 years of age.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Treatment of pregnant women with this drug is contraindicated.
During treatment, lactation should be suspended.
Method of administration and dosage
Nutriflex is intended exclusively for intravenous administration into central veins.
The dosage and rate of infusion are prescribed by the doctor on an individual basis and are determined by the patient’s ability to excrete lipids and metabolize glucose.
The infusion can be continued for as long as the patient’s clinical condition requires, based on the daily requirement for glucose, lipids and amino acids.
The dose should be selected individually and when choosing the size of the bag, take into account the patient’s condition, body weight and the need for nutrients.
The maximum daily dosage for patients over the age of 15 years: up to 25 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
The maximum infusion rate is 1.00 ml per 1 kg of body weight per hour.
For patients weighing 70 kg, the infusion rate is 70 ml per hour.
Children’s dosages are prescribed based on:
- children 3-5 years old – 21 ml per 1 kg of the patient’s body weight;
- 6-14 years old – 14 ml per 1 kg of patient’s body weight.
Overdose can manifest itself as:
- feelings of heat;
- pulmonary edema;
- imbalance of electrolytes.
This condition can also be observed at the recommended infusion rate in the event that the patient’s clinical condition changes dramatically and severe renal or hepatic failure develops.
Treatment: discontinuation of infusion, symptomatic therapy.
Most often, the drug is well tolerated. In some cases, when a hypersensitivity reaction occurs, side effects are also possible, such as:
- allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock (rare), fever, chills, tremors, skin rash, allergic urticaria);
- breathing changes (tachypnea);
- arterial hypertension, arterial hypotension;
- increased activity of liver enzymes;
- abdominal pain, headache;
- hyperglycemia, metabolic acidosis;
- shortness of breath, cyanosis.
If you experience any unusual side effects as a result of taking this drug, you should consult your doctor about possible changes in the treatment regimen.
Storage conditions and periods
The shelf life of the drug is no more than 1.5 years from the production date indicated on the package.
This medicinal product should be stored in a dry place out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The introduction is carried out immediately after preparation of the solution. If the drug is not used immediately, and there is a need to introduce acceptable additives, then this solution can be stored for 14 days at a temperature of 2-8 ° C.
After mixing the contents of the two chambers, the drug retains its properties for 7 days, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.