Octaplex is used: for the treatment of bleeding, as well as for the perioperative prevention of bleeding with acquired deficiency of coagulation factors (prothrombin complex), such as a deficiency caused by an overdose of vitamin K antagonists, when rapid correction of this deficiency is needed; for the treatment of bleeding, as well as for perioperative prevention of bleeding in congenital deficiency of factors II and X, dependent on vitamin K, in the absence of a purified specific coagulation factor preparation.
Active ingredient: Human Prothrombin complex (coagulation factor II – 280-760 IU, coagulation factor VII – 180-480 IU, coagulation factor IX – 500 IU, coagulation factor X – 360-600 IU, protein S – 240-640 IU, protein C – 260-620 IU).
Available in powder form for solution preparation.
These are blood clotting factors. Octaplex contains a group of blood plasma glycoproteins – the prothrombin complex, which includes coagulation factors II (prothrombin), VII, IX, X, as well as regulatory proteins C and S, which are involved in the central link of the cascade of sequential reactions of activation of precursor proteins that cause thrombin formation.
Octaplex is used:
- for the treatment of bleeding, as well as for the perioperative prevention of bleeding with acquired deficiency of coagulation factors (prothrombin complex), such as a deficiency caused by an overdose of vitamin K antagonists, when rapid correction of this deficiency is needed;
- for the treatment of bleeding, as well as for perioperative prevention of bleeding in congenital deficiency of factors II and X, dependent on vitamin K, in the absence of a purified specific coagulation factor preparation.
- with intolerance to the components;
- with intolerance to heparin;
- with a history of thrombocytopenia caused by the use of heparin;
- with hypersensitivity to homologous immunoglobulins.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
Experimental studies to assess the safety of the drug for reproductive function have not been conducted. Treatment during these periods is allowed in urgent need.
Method of administration and dosage
Octaplex is administered intravenously as a slow infusion.
Treatment is carried out under the supervision of a specialist experienced in the treatment of coagulation disorders.
Dosage, duration of therapy depend on the severity of hemostatic dysfunction, intensity and localization of bleeding, clinical manifestations.
The amount of the drug, the frequency of use are calculated individually for each patient. The interval between injections depends on the half-life of various blood coagulation factors present in the prothrombin complex. The individual dose is set on the basis of determining blood levels of coagulation factors or general studies (prothrombin time, international normalized ratio), monitoring the clinical condition of the patient.
The use of high doses can provoke myocardial infarction, venous thrombosis, DIC, pulmonary embolism.
Treatment: monitoring and maintenance of vital functions of the body, symptomatic therapy.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, vomiting.
- Immune disorders: allergic reactions (urticaria, angioedema, burning, tingling at the injection site, hot flashes, chills, headache, hypotension, nausea, lethargy, anxiety, chest tightness, tachycardia, ringing in the ears, vomiting, paresthesias, breathing with wheezing, anaphylaxis).
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia, risk of thromboembolism, myocardial infarction, venous thrombosis, disseminated intravascular coagulation, pulmonary embolism.
- Neurological disorders: tremor.
- Respiratory Disorders: Difficulty breathing.
Storage conditions and periods
Store Octaplex for no more than two years at temperatures up to +25 ° C.
It is forbidden to use after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Parents are obliged to ensure the safety of children, excluding the possibility of their access to medicine.